Blogathon 2007 (July 28th)

nancy02664

Baby Name Maniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nancy.cc
A recent post at Blog Herald reminded me that the next Blogathon is coming up. I've never participated before, but I'm seriously thinking about doing so this year.

For those who haven't heard of the Blogathon... basically, it's blogging for charity. You choose a cause, ask readers/friends for donations, and then on Blogathon day you post an entry every half hour for an entire 24-hour period (for a total of 48 blog posts).

So, here's what I'd like to know...

1. Have any of you have ever done the Blogathon before? If so, what was it like?

2. Is anyone planning to do the Blogathon this year? (Who knows, maybe we could get an AW Blogathon support group going...)

nancy02664

Baby Name Maniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nancy.cc
Exactly. :)

The rules state:

Don't use an update script or other trick so you can go to bed and still blog. You must be awake and participating in person.
So it's not an easy thing to do--definitely something you have to plan for and be willing to lose some sleep over...

Jessi

Registered
Reaction score
Very interesting, but it'd be impossible for me to participate this year as I'm out of town and am lucky to get net access once a day. I'd definitely be interested in seeing the results of this, though, and hope plenty of others participate!

nancy02664

Baby Name Maniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nancy.cc
And it looks like we're blogging for the same charity! How cool is that? :)

So how will it work for you guys -- will you be blogging in shifts?

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Yeah. There's only like four of us right now and other writers can join us too. But Karen needs to know as soon as possible so she can set up a schedule.

There's also talks about doing some contests throughout the 24 hours. People can win a journal or amazon.com gift certificate among other things. It should be fun.

nancy02664

Baby Name Maniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nancy.cc
The blogathon is going on right now, so come check it out!

There's a lot to see at this point... the 'thon is about halfway over, so each participating blog should have something like 23-24 posts so far...