• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[eZine] Gore Stories

JWGriebel

Decrepit
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone heard of these guys, are know anything about their legitimacy?

http://gorestories.com/

They're listed at Duotrope as well as Ralan, however I've been having a hard time digging due to the pub name being so generically confusing (type in gore stories publication and I get tons of hits, none of them very relevant). I have a story I think would fit perfectly for them, but I'm treading cautiously due to lack of substantial info.

EDIT: Payment seems a bit squirrely, as does the talk of "membership" to the web site being free for contributors, which leads me to believe some people would have to pay for it.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
The site says they're "coming soon," and the site itself is unfinished. The fact that you're having a hard time finding them suggests that everyone else will have a hard time finding your story.

Gore Stories is an ongoing digital anthology series, published weekly online for members only and monthly as an ebook for Kindle, Smashwords, and Nook readers. Gore Stories is looking for the best in gory, blood, and guts horror stories. We want stories that with a sense of suspense, fear, sensationalism, and/or humor.

They don't appear to have yet produced their first issue.

I'd advise waiting two years before submitting, to see if they're still in business.

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
What Jim said. I'm also concerned about the use of the term "work for hire" on their submissions page. In a true work for hire situation, the copyright belongs to the commissioning party. I wonder if they meant stories they commission.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site was suspended by June. No sign of anything published.