A Life of Crime and Chocolate

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:Everyone.

If you click on the pic at the top of the board you get an enlarged version but that doesn't seem to give much away. The magnifying glass doesn't enlarge much. However, if you look closely at the thief he/she appears to have shoulder length hair and is wearing what seems to be reading glasses. Judging by the muscular build, I'd say it was male - but who knows - has Mac been working out lately? The footprints look very generic and I suspect the 'handprints' are planted there.

I think it might be easier if we could find out who is fencing hot avies. :D ... and why some people (like mods) appear to have theirs intact.

I haz a suspicious. :)

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, there are.

(Uh, sorry. I'm way late with that response. :) Had a dinner party.)

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I've caught a couple of the avatar clues (I assume clues, anyway, like one that said the thief uses free fonts :tongue), but Mac posted a couple of letters from the thief in the other threads with hidden messages (last one being "suspect the cat.")

Oh, and Susie has a lot of avatars tucked away in her siggy.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Who knew Susie had it in her? :)

Did everyone have a good weekend? Ours was nuts, to say the least. The last guests left at just after 9 last night. We need a weekend to recover from our weekend.

And now, the countdown to Easter... I have about 2 weeks' worth of work to cram in before the big day.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
I had a goodish weekend - car boot on Saturday which turned a nice profit. Sunday not so good - father of one of my oldest friends - we've known each other for more than forty years - died on Sunday afternoon. He was in his nineties. I knew him for longer than I knew my own father. He was a man of humour, honour and dignity, kind, courteous and caring. In one word a Mensch. I'll miss him. Now have his funeral to go to and it is not something I am looking forward to.

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks - you are all so caring. Means a lot to me.

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Since I already wrote my iambic pentameter for the day, I just wanted to add that I feel GREAT today after a real dark day yesterday. The gym completely transformed my mood, again. I can't recommend a good workout highly enough for writers who're feeling down on their craft.

My mind is clear, my body strong. If you are a literary agent with my full, and you've decided to reject me, today's the day. I feel unstoppable, without eating chocolate.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Yay wonder! So good to hear. :)

I'm having a lousy day myself, but you put a smile on my face. :)

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Awwww HJ may your day get better and better. (((((HJ))))

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Hope your day gets better, HJ.

Mine was just weird. Arrived at the Old Town Hall to do the 7pm underground tour and someone had stolen all our lanterns. Then after the 9pm tour we got locked in the Old Town Hall because the security guard, who's meant to come let us out, had fallen asleep watching football.

But it's only 8 days now until I go on my first France trip of the month. Paris / Macon in Burgundy first, then a week or so after that I'm going to Toulouse, and might get the chance to go see Rennes-le-Chateau for the very first time!

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Hope your day gets better, HJ.

Mine was just weird. Arrived at the Old Town Hall to do the 7pm underground tour and someone had stolen all our lanterns. Then after the 9pm tour we got locked in the Old Town Hall because the security guard, who's meant to come let us out, had fallen asleep watching football.

I swear Z, you really could do some hysterical mystery with a tour guide as the amateur sleuth.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
True of so much of life...

Weird thing is, I was actually talking about that fact with some of the tourists last night, just some of the really ironic weird stuff that happened in history, if you tried to make it up you'd get the book rejected for too much deus ex machina!

I am toying with the idea of an amateur sleuth / cozy sort of mystery based on my experiences in theatre / with the sci fi scene, because every time I go to one of these conventions I always think what great characters some of the people would make. And usually there are a few people I would gladly murder as well... ;)

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
an amateur sleuth / cozy sort of mystery based on my experiences in theatre / with the sci fi scene,

Sounds neat.

HJ, I'm so glad you turned it around. I'm so tired of the waiting, really tired of it. My plumber mystery is moving faster and I have a writers club meeting tonight--but that's not enough. If you are a literary agent with my full, and have decided to represent me, TODAY is the day to call ... so I have some good news to share tonight.

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Hallooooo I am at my brothers house and he has let me have a lappie to play with. I have my notes for my wip with me so hope to get some writing/research done.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds neat.

HJ, I'm so glad you turned it around. I'm so tired of the waiting, really tired of it. My plumber mystery is moving faster and I have a writers club meeting tonight--but that's not enough. If you are a literary agent with my full, and have decided to represent me, TODAY is the day to call ... so I have some good news to share tonight.

Did you get the call?! Waiting sucks, I know.

Hallooooo I am at my brothers house and he has let me have a lappie to play with. I have my notes for my wip with me so hope to get some writing/research done.

:hooray: