The Great Absolute Write Spec Fiction Anthology!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catadmin

An Author in Search of a Plot
VPXIII
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brandietarvin.net
I made it to the second round. Whee! I can't remember if my story is 4700+ or 4900+.

My sympathies with those who didn't make it, but remember what Mac or Bart said earlier (or in the other AW antho thread). None of the stuff they got was crap, all of it was good for semi-pro markets. So don't stop subbing.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I must have missed that post. There's another Antho thread???

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
Spanking vampires is fun... especially the cute ones in the little bodices... snarky vampires is what you get when Joss Whedon is involved in the project...

scottishpunk

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm through the first round. We'll see what becomes of my story in Round 2! *dramatic music (DUN DUN DUN)

Jessianodel

Blessed by the AW Gods
Registered
Reaction score
Man, internet's out for two days and this thread blows up! Congrats to everyone who made it through and to those who didn't. You submitted and that in of itself takes courage (trust me - I know).

In the meantime, anyone else still twitching? I can't stop! I keep trying to calm down and not get to excited but...but...
SQUEE!

Calm down...calm down :D

Are all submissions like that, or is it just the first?

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
ok, so no news will come today. That means, I go forth and do some editing. Right?

Right? We're not going to be checking out emails and whatnot, we're just gonna go be writers on a Sunday. That's the plan.

right?

Right?

Come on. Who's with me?!

FabricatedParadise

Can be bribed with circus peanuts
Registered
Reaction score
ok, so no news will come today. That means, I go forth and do some editing. Right?

Right? We're not going to be checking out emails and whatnot, we're just gonna go be writers on a Sunday. That's the plan.

right?

Right?

Come on. Who's with me?!

That's my plan! I've been working on my QL for QLH and now while little bits is napping, I'm off to try to finish chapter 12 and my 8th round of edits.

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
I decided to do some drawing today- got me a cool new spectacular awesome dragon coming to life- :D Then maybe I'll g for a swim if the storm that's threatening stays away-

Jessianodel

Blessed by the AW Gods
Registered
Reaction score
That's my plan! I've been working on my QL for QLH and now while little bits is napping, I'm off to try to finish chapter 12 and my 8th round of edits.

I just bought a new book on self-editing so I'm probably going to go read that. Anything to jump start my novella's revisions.

(And to stay away from the empty inbox)

Celesta

loves writing :)
Registered
Reaction score
I'm writing a novel. In three days. It's the 3 Day Novel Contest. That's how I'm keeping myself occupied. Mine will end up being a novella but it's shaping up to be a good story so I'll be happy with that.

I, too, got into the second round. I've never had a story published before. I suspect my stories aren't 'dark' enough. A little too 'happy'. But I'm trying to feel hopeful anyway.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, doing the 3-day novel contest. That's awesome, celestia. Now get to work. :whip:

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys, still waiting. It's 5pm, so a few more hours and maybe we'll hear something...:)

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Errr, Mac said she was taking the day off the editing thing, dearie. I seriously don't expect to hear anything 'til Tuesday. Let the woman have something of her holiday weekend.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, that's right, it's Labor Day. Duh! Totally forgot (again).

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah. If it weren't for all the sale commercials on TV today, I'd've forgotten too LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.