G'Day

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
:D

I don't actually know many slang Aussie words... I remember "dero" because there are a lot of them down where I live, and I hate them and they hate me.

Actually, I caught the bus home just now, which involved waiting at the bus stop with about 20 school kids. There were plenty of deros among them, not necessarily alcoholics - just screaming shit at each other, egos the size of Olympic swimming pools, pushing and shoving when the bus came, making so much noise on the bus that I couldn't even hear the music I had playing on my mp3 player, which is saying something because it's loud music and I turn it way up...

Damn deros.

I still think some scientist somewhere should develop a vaccine against being a jerkwad. They'd make millions, and it'd improve life globally. It's win-win.

/rant

PrincessofPersia

Registered
Reaction score
I'm at the girlfriend's right now. She's fascinated by the Aussie stuff. It's hilarious. She's always trying to get me to use strine.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, PoP, are you ready for Script Frenzy in a couple of days?

I still have some outlining to do... I've just been busy with work and study this past week and haven't had the energy (or sometimes not had the time) to do anything more on it. It's pretty close to finished, but it still needs a little bit of a spit-shine, so to speak.

I'm in that all-too-familiar place right before turning an outline into a draft, where my thoughts are constantly flitting between, "This will be the best thing I've ever written. It's gonna be a huge success. I can't wait." and "Oh my Goddess, I can't write. It's gonna suck. Why should I even bother?"

Fun times... *shakes head*

Once April 1st comes around, I'll probably just get stuck straight into it. *shrug*

PrincessofPersia

Registered
Reaction score
I'm ready. Can't wait. This script will definitely be my best. It's completely different from anything else I've written. It's absurdist and hilarious if I do say so myself (and so does my producer). I actually submitted it for the 30 days, 30 posters thing. I didn't do any on-paper outlining, but I have one in my head. I think I'm probably gonna finish really quickly.

tarkine

Learning the trade
Registered
Reaction score
Ah dero, warbs - hmm.. don't think many people use the last slang word much.

I noticed how slang is very regional and pronounciations change depending on which part of Australia you are from. In SA, it's very much queen's english, but east coast, it's different.

tarkine

Learning the trade
Registered
Reaction score
Val - I think it's only the people from the free states, that weren't penal colonies that talk with plumbs in their mouths... umm... yeah that only leaves SA - and NT I think??

As for the ACT, we won't mentioned them. *wink* they are a breed upon themselves. (oh I can feel my butt getting kicked).

cooeedownunder

Grateful for the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.australianflavour.net
No. APRIL FOOLS DAY!

That said, it is easier on the eyes all this bigger print...I only realised when they biggered (LOL) the print it is easier on the eyes.

Amberly

Registered
Reaction score
Website
caswebb.wordpress.com
hi guys

anyone thinking about hitting the sydney writers festival? There's a thread chatting about a possible meet up and the more the merrier!

Cheers

schadenfreude

good with salt
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh. Sydney? That's moi.

Huh. Should probably consider attending then. ;)

PrincessofPersia

Registered
Reaction score
Sydney is a little far from where I'm at right now, lol. Course, it was far from where I am back home too lol.

Started the Frenzy! How you doin' Cliff?

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Sydney is a little far from where I'm at right now, lol. Course, it was far from where I am back home too lol.

Started the Frenzy! How you doin' Cliff?

Well, I had 10 full pages, until I realised I'd messed up the format a bit. So I fixed the formatting, and now I'm at 8.5 pages.

So it's going alright so far. I want to get heaps done today, to get as far in front of schedule as I can before I receive my next load of homework...

I think weeks 1 and 3 will be my saving grace - weeks 2 and 4 will be homework-heavy weeks, I think...

RedRose

By any other name...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm an Aussie. Hello everyone. I live in South-East Queensland.

Dero is short for derolict. I haven't heard that word in yonks. Lol. Another slang.