Random Acts of Poetry

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
How cool is that? Wouldn't happen in the US, or at least, I don't think it would. Poetry here seems to be a forgotten art. US poets are usually viewed as high-brown intellectuals who condescend to the common man. It's unfortunate, but in America, poets have no clout, little audience, less recognition, and NO MONEY.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
It's a wonderful thing. If you checked out the blog you will see that the random acts are almost always well received too. I love that they jump up to construction workers, read them a poem, drop them a book and run off. My friend James said that most of the people he read to loved the experience. He's a great poet... and the program buys so many books from the poets which they in turn pass out to their 'victims'. I'm sure his 'victims' enjoyed his book of poetry. I just think it's such a fantastic program.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
We really try to celebrate our arts here in Canada. Random Acts is a great example of this.

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
Very cool KTC. I would love to be jumped at. I'm sure there are many Americans out there who feel the same.