• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Barbara Bauer Literary Agency / Literary Management Professionals

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Christine N. said:
Barbara, there's a special circle in hell (that I don't believe in) just for people like you. Really.

Speaking as a pseudoauthority of Hell, I have to say that we don't want her.

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
The link works for me.

Yeah, it's a vast international conspiracy, and Google is behind. it. I suppose they also believe that the internet uses tubes.

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I found the voice annoying. BB also bills herself as a vocalist and entertainer. I know that accents just go away when one sings, as do stutters, which is good for her other career.

Regards,
Scott

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
DTKelly said:
I didn't realize that google was in charge of the Internet.
:tongue See? Bill Gates has a right to be nervous! Apparently, Google has become so powerful that the largest economy in the western hemisphere is utterly dependent upon their largesse.

Somebody hold me, I'm a-feared and out of tinfoil....

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
I finally DLed the file (had to turn down my ISP acceleration).

So, does BB understand what will actually happen if the government passes legislation to police the internet? This will only lead to a new set of regulations that she will be forced to comply with.

The real estate/legal/medical professions all require membership to an organization that is overseen by a state or federal agency. The 'independent literary agent' will become the next extinction if a law is passed.

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
For anyone who missed this on Miss Snark's Site...

http://www.bbla.com/awol/AWOL_Special.mp3

This is sooo hysterical. Barbara Bauers and a few of her lackies are bashing us.

We're all bad for the economy and we at absolute write are obviously trying to undermine writers.

Seriously, you'll be in tears from laughing so hard at the end of it.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Dawno said:
Sorry, Dan - I appreciate a good tea and wouldn't want to see it spilt. :)

Just trying to keep things tidy.

Dude! You threw my pizza against that beautiful Barbara Bauer's advert.

I had no idea moving a post could be so beneficial. o.o

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, now I'm too curious. I'll listen to it now, at the risk of dying in a fit of coughing and laughter. Wish me luck, okay? Oh God, I just hope she doesn't sound like fingernails on a chalkboard...

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Alan Yee said:
Oh God, I just hope she doesn't sound like fingernails on a chalkboard...

Worse than fingernails on a chalkboard. Besides being grating and scratchy sounding, she. also. talks. like. this. (I was silently humming that song sung by Scarecrow in the Wizard of OZ: "If I Only Had A Brain.")

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ohmygodthatissodamnfunny!

"The Googlebombing of the Barbara Bauer Literary Agency must have been done by experts."

Well, considering I helped perpetuate the Googlebomb (and she even took notice of my dear little post :D), I'm honored to be called an expert.

Oh no, Google is going to kill us all! Run away, run away!

And is it weird that she sounds pretty much like I expected her to sound like?

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Uncle Jim noticed the site change, too. I was actually there looking around and when I clicked on one of the pages I got a page not found error. Then, I tried another and another and......same thing. When I refreshed the homepage the 'under construction' wording she has there now came up.

So, the time of the post below is very close to when she pulled things. Thought I'd just make a note of it.

emeraldlatina

Registered
Reaction score
If I lived in the area, I really would sue Barbara Bauer. I live in another country and have moved on, even though my experiences with her still sometimes haunt me. But someone in the group gave me really good advice about not dwelling about it otherwise it'll just hold me back. She is nothing but a total scammer, a con! What attracted me to her at first was her ad about helping and welcoming new authors. The Better Business Bureau should investigate.

emeraldlatina

Registered
Reaction score
Barbara Bauer's Message through a Newsletter

Even though I am no longer being represented by The Barbara Bauer Literary Agency, I still receive newsletters from time to time rom her. I received on this morning and it was about this sites and several others like this and she's basically bashing them and defending herself. She talks about the vicious blogs such as Miss Snark, Predators and Editors and of course Absolute water Cooler. She goes on to say that 'The St. Paul Travelers Insurance Company has preformed an investigation into the googlebombing attacks and has informed us that a competitor is using highly trained programmers to create misinformation by putting people out of business and forcing authors to have fewer option.' There's more, I'll write more later.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
emeraldlatina said:
Even though I am no longer being represented by The Barbara Bauer Literary Agency, I still receive newsletters from time to time rom her. I received on this morning and it was about this sites and several others like this and she's basically bashing them and defending herself. She talks about the vicious blogs such as Miss Snark, Predators and Editors and of course Absolute water Cooler. She goes on to say that 'The St. Paul Travelers Insurance Company has preformed an investigation into the googlebombing attacks and has informed us that a competitor is using highly trained programmers to create misinformation by putting people out of business and forcing authors to have fewer option.' There's more, I'll write more later.

That sounds pretty much like what she said in her podcast, the one so ironically titled "The Crisis in Publishing."

If you guys don't remember, it was basically a press conference between Barbara Bauer and various not-so-desirable others like her. This was where she said, among other things:

1) Miss Snark is really a "dragoon" of people posting under a collective pseudonym.

2) The googlebombing of the Barbara Bauer Literary Agency must have been done by experts.

P.S. Maybe this thread should be merged with the Barbara Bauer thread.