Banshee?

Carlene

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlenedater.com
Didn't find a thread on this show either. Anyhow watching "Banshee?" It's another show from Alan Bell so....there is at LEAST one graphic sex scene per episode and lots of people get the snot beat out of them.

Fun show!

BAY

Registered
Reaction score
I'm watching it and can't tell you why. I like anti-heroes.

JohnnyGottaKeyboard

Who let this guy in...?
Registered
Reaction score
On the rooftoop where he climbed when the laughter
Resurrecting this old thread because we just got three free months of HBO/Showtime/Cinemax and, having caught up on Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire, I decided to binge this.

I'm up to episode 5 and not sure I'll keep at it. The sex and violence (especially the violence, amazingly) is so over-the-top as to be almost cartoonish. And the town of Banshee seems to exist in some parallel universe without any notion of an outside world. It's like a very dark version of The Librarians or Leverage without the humor.

Anyone know, is it worth it to keep going? Is there a nice payoff?

csdemel

Registered
Reaction score
The sex and violence (especially the violence, amazingly) is so over-the-top as to be almost cartoonish.

That about sums it up. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

season 3 finished last night, and let me just say, my god, what a firecracker of a show. It has a very raw feel to it. If you can come to terms with the show's overall 'ridiculous' factor, it's a hell of a ride.

Can't wait for next season.

TomMcClaren

Registered
Reaction score
I've only seen the first season, but I was sold after the pilot. I like the tension and suspense, and maybe I'm weird but I got hooked after the episode with the UFC fighter. Not a lot of shows tackle subject matter like that, which is one reason I love Banshee. That, and the season finale was amazing. haha