Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelle

Registered
Reaction score
I mostly write fantasy, too! Mostly magical realism :D

Sigh, what horrible people... You could probably find it on YouTube though!

Imbroglio

PERPETUAL EXISTENTIAL CRISIS VICTIM
Registered
Reaction score
I also write fantasy!

I'm currently attempting to write some sort of Epic/High Fantasy.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
For the past two years, at least once a day, my friend meesh and I would break out into "I'll Make A Man Out Of You."

I love the Glee covers, usually more than the originals. Well, it depends. I'm not a big fan of Barbra's voice, so Rachel's covers are love. Actually... basically, I love Chris Colfer and Lea Michele's voices, and will take their cover over any originals. And between them, that's most of the Glee songs.

Secondly, I own all of the Glee CDs, so it's way easier to use the Glee cover than to buy the original.

Also, I learned today that I am an... aural and kinesthetic leaner. Equally. I like shtuff.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Oooooh. Magical realism is fun.

I'll see about getting it from the library.

ETA: Chris is Kurt, right? I really dislike his singing, to be honest. EXCEPT in his duet with Blaine in Original Songs. And I suppose...well crap, I just forgot the song title.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I've had shivers all through The Lion King so far. So magical!

Hi, Joelle. I'm sorry I didn't say hi before, I was too disappointed with Ari. So, welcome! I write fantasy as well, with a few other genres as well. But, mostly magical realism. I think. Hah :tongue

joelle

Registered
Reaction score
Meep, I don't think I could ever do high fantasy... It's great to read, but it seems like it be really hard to write.

I'm not a huge Glee fan. I liked it in the beginning, and one time I met Matthew Morrison and it was lovely. But now I don't like it very much. I sort of want to watch it again because I think Quinn's new look is great and I also watched The Glee Project and I'm really excited to see the winners on Glee.

Oh, and hi Taylor!

Imbroglio

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Chris's voice either.

Also, yeah, Epic Fantasy is more of a challenge than I originally thought it would be, but I'm pushing through.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
AMI! I REMEMBER YOU!

What was your old username? But anyway, we're FB friends I think :D

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
The fantasy I write is like...faeries and stuff. Weeping is a faerie and a...can't say because I don't know how far Tally has gotten with that. Lifelike is a harpy (male because I said so) and Clockwork people. Seahome is going to be a siren (also male because I said so), ex-merpeople and finfolk. I'm a big fan of like, Maggie Stiefvater and fairy tale retellings. The three I just listed are all sort of based on different ballets (Swan Lake, Nutcracker and Sleeping Beauty, in that order).

I've watched all of Glee, but I'm not a big fan of it. Still going to watch the third season when it starts though.

joelle

Registered
Reaction score
Ahh, hi Karla! I remember you too! And yes yes, we are Facebook friends :) Ermm my old username was Phantom, but I lost the password and all that soo...

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I used to not like Chris' voice. Then I heard him do "I Wanna Hold Your Hand". I experienced a paradigm shift, and now I adore his voice.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I get too irritated every time they dare touch Beatles music to enjoy it, lol. (Beatles should not be touched unless you are the movie Across the Universe. Kind of a purist here.)

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Whenever Chris Colfer touches Beatles, I like it better than the original. It becomes so meaningful through him. Also, there is no song I don't want to see covered. I love covers of songs because it changes the meaning and is putting yourself inside something greater.

Imbroglio

Registered
Reaction score
I really want to write a UF after my Epic Fantasy, I just don't want to do them at the same time. That would be too much thinking. Lol.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Blackbird was the diggitybomb.com

OHMYGOSH! I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO BE KING! *sings*

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I cry every time I watch Circle Of Life.

Though nothing on this planet is better than the Broadway production of The Lion King. That is absolute perfection. I've seen it three times, on three different stages (though it's best in NY) and cried every time.

ETA: LOVE Defying Gravity!

Except, weirdly, it's one of the few songs that really bugged me when they covered it, 'cause they took out my favorite (and the most meaningful verse).

So if you care to find me
Look to the Western sky!
As someone told me lately
Everyone deserves a chance to fly!
And if I'm flying solo
At least I'm flying free!
To those who'd ground me
Take a message back from me!

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I went to see Phantom of the opera in NY. It was pretty good. But I would've loved to see The Lion King.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
*wanders in*

Hi!

ETA In true BG (and semi-fangirl) fashion, this is my contribution to the Lion King stuff:

tumblr_lpryiesLNX1qkfo4so1_500.gif

Last edited:

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Joelle - I do remember your old username! I'm gonna call you Ami though. Easier to type than Joelle hehe

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so you know when you're reading a REALLY good book, yet some part of you is bored? Right! That's SOOO annoying.
Well I thought "Screw this, I'm going to write something." and I am. Mystery Man has finally COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK! hahahaha

Ally, you would be so proud! I made him sound like a stalker :p lolz

people coming out of the woodwork always something i'd be proud of.

Every time i feel i'm writing something boring i spice it up with something insane and random!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.