Hi all! New Humanitarian/Conflict writer here;)

Bush_moon

Banned
Reaction score
Dear all,

I'm Bush_moon, nice to be a member! I am very new at writing having never done so before but I came to a point where I had to start writing about some of my war zone and humanitarian experiences, both for myself, and, also to bring some awareness and reading enjoyment to others! Kind of a therapy in a way! I look forward to reading some of the work on here and at some point showing some of mine for your comments!

Kindest Regards,

Bush_moon

P.S-Bush_moon, because my first thought of Africa always is, so much like many others have also said, the beauty of the African night.

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

:welcome:

AW is a huge place, and there's a lot of information to be found here. Take your time and browse around to get a feel of the various forums.

If you're interested in receiving a critique of your work, there is a 50-post rule. Here's a link to some of the most commonly asked questions in the FAQs. Wondering what those interesting acronyms used around the forum mean? Find out in the Absolute Write Dictionary.

And don't forget to check out the Newbie Guide.

Enjoy your stay. :)

Sam J Shelley

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Blue_Moon, do you live in a war torn country? Why writing on those topics?

Bush_moon

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks guys,

After a long career in the Military and then my still ongoing career in humanitarian work i just need to tell some of this through a medium that people can relate to i hope, and helps me too!

BM

kimcooper

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, and good luck with your writing. You may want to connect with others working with similarly charged material, to help maintain a healthy balance between the work and your personal life.

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I hope you can bring that awareness. Someone who can write vividly about humanitarian issues can make a big impact.

Bush_moon

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks guys, it could very well indeed spark a new genre? Or sort of! When i am allowed to post what i have written for comments i think it might be enjoyable for some of you who can relate and others may be enlightened and advocacy for certain issues may even be positivley effected! The main thing is for those of us who have lived this, it would be unwise to walk around with it bottled up but also a total waste not to use the experience for further good!

BM

Bush_moon

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks guys, it could very well indeed spark a new genre? Or sort of! When i am allowed to post what i have written (over 20 pieces just 'came out' so far and i couldnt stop) for comments i think it might be enjoyable for some of you who can relate and others may be enlightened and advocacy for certain issues may even be positivley effected! The main thing is for those of us who have lived this, it would be unwise to walk around with it bottled up but also a total waste not to use the experience for further good!

BM