Jewish Protests?

Lil

Registered
Reaction score
The White Rose nonviolent protesters were students at the University of Munich.

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Forestqueen - I apologize, I keep missing your thread because I've been looking at my tombstone one.

My family left Germany in 1854, but some of the siblings stayed there. A descendant of the German line and I correspond so I have a few insights. The family is/was Lutheran.

On Kristelnacht when the Nazi's were smashing store windows, etc., people, Jews and non-Jews, ran out into the streets, horrified at what was happening. The father in my related family yelled "Who is it who has done this deed?" Someone yelled in response "Seize him." and the soldiers were after him. Not quite a riot - but an example of what did happen when there were protests of any type. He managed to escape but was caught later in the war and condemned to death - but again managed to escape. He must have been quite a character because after the Allies occupied Germany they imposed a curfew on German citizens. He was out after curfew and when accosted by the military police brazenly gave them his name translated to English and told them in English he was from Middletown, Ohio - where his American relatives were living. Puma

donroc

Historicals and Horror rule
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.donaldmichaelplatt.com
Jews did nearly all their resisting and fighting as members of the underground in the West and as partisans in the East. The smarter ones voted with their feet (as did my WWI veteran Berliner father-in-law in 1933 among others who left for Brazil as soon as Hitler became Chancellor) and went to the Palestine Mandate or to other countries before it was too late. Some had to be tough-mind to leave elderly parents behind.