• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Betas? Contemp. Romance WiP - willing to swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandiceAmanda

You are reading my user title.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm willing to swap/beta for anything along the same lines - romance (in any subgenre) or New Adult (any subgenre).

So here's my pitch:

Mireli “Rel” Prado has come home from her overseas job for the first time in six years, only to fall back into the same old annoying social hierarchies, parental demands, and the attentions of the gorgeous ghost of her past—Asher Ilyasov—who once rejected her, quite harshly, when, as a teen, she professed her love for him. Now, after being separated for so long, Asher, seemingly having forgotten their sorted history, now looks at Rel with cinders smoldering in his gaze.

Asher Ilyasov lives with a severe and isolated case of retrograde amnesia after suffering a traumatic accident a few years back. He’s forgotten most of what he learned in college, where he stores his most expensive cufflinks and, apparently, every harsh word he ever said to a young and impressionable Mireli Prado.

Now that the two are back in close confines, Rel must choose whether or not she will return the affections Asher has lavished upon her during her visit home and after, as she returns to work in Haiti. And Asher must grapple with the very real fact that memory, or his lack thereof, may sink their ship before it leaves the sunlit harbor.

Also:

It's a 50k draft 3 manuscript that I'm thinking I'll start querying.
There are 2 storylines - the second has some New Adult undertones.

I'm essentially looking for someone to tell me where/if they got bored. I'm open to suggestions for the ending, because it feels rough to me right now.

We can try swapping first chapters to see if it works out, if that is your preference.

PM or drop a line here if interested :)

Lainer

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I can beta read for you. I like amnesia stories. :)
My WIP is erotic romance and it's not ready for beta reading yet. So maybe you can beta for me when I write my New Adult story.

CandiceAmanda

You are reading my user title.
Registered
Reaction score
I'd totally be up to beta for you when your work's done!
PM me with your email and I'll send you some stuff over :]

kgrant20

Registered
Reaction score
I'm willing to swap/beta for anything along the same lines - romance (in any subgenre) or New Adult (any subgenre).

So here's my pitch:

Mireli “Rel” Prado has come home from her overseas job for the first time in six years, only to fall back into the same old annoying social hierarchies, parental demands, and the attentions of the gorgeous ghost of her past—Asher Ilyasov—who once rejected her, quite harshly, when, as a teen, she professed her love for him. Now, after being separated for so long, Asher, seemingly having forgotten their sorted history, now looks at Rel with cinders smoldering in his gaze.

Asher Ilyasov lives with a severe and isolated case of retrograde amnesia after suffering a traumatic accident a few years back. He’s forgotten most of what he learned in college, where he stores his most expensive cufflinks and, apparently, every harsh word he ever said to a young and impressionable Mireli Prado.

Now that the two are back in close confines, Rel must choose whether or not she will return the affections Asher has lavished upon her during her visit home and after, as she returns to work in Haiti. And Asher must grapple with the very real fact that memory, or his lack thereof, may sink their ship before it leaves the sunlit harbor.

Also:

It's a 50k draft 3 manuscript that I'm thinking I'll start querying.
There are 2 storylines - the second has some New Adult undertones.

I'm essentially looking for someone to tell me where/if they got bored. I'm open to suggestions for the ending, because it feels rough to me right now.

We can try swapping first chapters to see if it works out, if that is your preference.

PM or drop a line here if interested :)
I would love to beta swap. I have a completed manuscript of 165,000 words. Any takers? It is roman noir, but should also appeal to romance readers. It's about an Intelligence analyst working overseas, who teams up (sort of) with a diplomat to find those responsible for her parents' murders. In the meantime, however, she has a 9-5, which is to track down and apprehend organized crime targets.
To make a very long story short, her day job and private hunt coalesce into a very dangerous

Stephanie Witter

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

The pitch of your novel is really interesting. I already beta read for some authors - plot, characterization, plot holes - and I really enjoyed it.
I don't know if you're still looking for another beta reader but I'd love to help you.

I wrote a NA contemp 'romance' of 80 000 words and I need some help with grammar. English is not my mother tongue and even if two beta readers already beta read it, I still need someone willing to help me out with the grammar.

If you want to know more or if you want to talk more, feel free to send me a private message. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.