XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Guys, c'mon...

You are talking about food AGAIN, and my delivery isn't coming for another *checks clock* at least eight hours. :(

You pretty much answered this but I was wondering what kind of delivery takes 8 hours other than groceries. Groceries it is.

It you dont have eggs, bum some off a neighbor. Easy and quick.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Is that a technical botanical term, because I am unfamiliar with that kind of spinach. And I thought I knew most kinds because next to Popeye, I may well be spinach's biggest fan.

:D

The leaves grow large enough and in such a shape that you can wear them on your head like Robin Hood's hat. So, yes, to answer your question - this is a technical botanical term. :D

It you dont have eggs, bum some off a neighbor. Easy and quick.

I misread that as "burn", not "bum" and was horrified as to what kind of neighbors you guys have.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The leaves grow large enough and in such a shape that you can wear them on your head like Robin Hood's hat. So, yes, to answer your question - this is a technical botanical term. :D

Wow. :Jaw:

I didn't know there was a variety of spinach that grew big enough for that.

Unless you have an abnormally small head, which I'm pretty sure you do not.

It grows wild, you say?

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Huh... you know, this "I lack confidence" thing seems to be coming up a lot in my conversations lately. Seriously, it's uncanny. Three times in the past week when discussing either my future ambitions or my current ambitions, that point has been raised.

That's probably an indication you could/should start working on it now. :Shrug:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Argh, everyone keeps mentioning sweet potato fries.

And BW, go to sleep. I am doing so now before my own stomach starts growling.

I leave this though:

:drool

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
RA, writing a novel is *hard*. It's really hard. The first novel I finally finished had three starts to it (including 80K that I nuked) before I managed to complete it. I started it in 1990 and finished it in 2010.

I've managed to write 2 novels since then, so not every novel takes 20 years, mind you.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Serious Mod Business

Okay guys, the number of f-bombs dropped in here is getting to be more than occasional, and - gods, I don't even know where the thread is to link to it right at this particular moment (a supermod would have it at their fingertips I bet) - there are younger AWers browsing as well, so can we please try to keep things PG-13? Please. :)

I know there isn't a profanity filter on AW, but that doesn't mean we get free reign to use whatever language we want here, m'kay?

Continue...

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm going to bed, peace out my lovelies.

And RA, if you want, can suggest stuff for ya tomorrow. Not difficult stuff.

I think swearing is contagious. Sorreh. I will get vaccinated tomorrow.

*hits the bed like a rock, still wearing wifebeater & gym shorts*

*psnooooooooooze*

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
I always thought the F-bomb was a fairly standard swear word. I'd be concerned if young people didn't hear it regularly... yeah, there's a reason my friend doesn't want me around her children. :D

Anyway, bed! I need to be there. So goodnight, I guess.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
You know, I had to check to see if I actually did edit the f-bomb out of my last post before I posted it. And I did. *whew*

I has potty-mouth.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I always thought the F-bomb was a fairly standard swear word.

There are people from all over the world on AW, and it is seen differently elsewhere. I'm sure we can all think of other words we can use when there isn't a direct need for profanity. :)

Anyway, bed! I need to be there. So goodnight, I guess.

Have a good night.

You know, I had to check to see if I actually did edit the f-bomb out of my last post before I posted it. And I did. *whew*

If we keep back the stronger language for when it is needed, it takes on more power. If you want, you can consider this a little writing challenge you can set yourself. :)

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
True enough. Though "be more confident" isn't exactly something you can just start doing, especially after 21 years of a pattern of very non-confident behaviour.

I decided about a year ago that there was no such thing as success and failure - there was just getting better at something, and the practise/work it took to get there.

It got rid of a whole lot of worry. Now the only time I worry is when someone else is evaluating me - because they still have definite standards of success/failure. YMMV, but it worked for me.

RA, writing a novel is *hard*. It's really hard.

Um, this. For me, the creation of the story/characters is the fun bit. Writing it out is just work that has to be done if I ever want someone else to feel what I feel in my head.

And BigWords -apologies. I think it's because everyone feels comfortable in here, which is good, but I'm sure we can find other ways to express things.

We can call it writing practise :D

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
If we keep back the stronger language for when it is needed, it takes on more power. If you want, you can consider this a little writing challenge you can set yourself. :)

I usually do self-censor online. Heck, I self-censor when I talk, too, since cursing all the time is not really a good idea in the corporate world. :) So maybe it's not so much a potty-mouth as a potty-brain.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I always thought the F-bomb was a fairly standard swear word. I'd be concerned if young people didn't hear it regularly... yeah, there's a reason my friend doesn't want me around her children. :D]

Yeah, no, not the kind of thing you want young kids hearing. Which is why I got creative once my little one was born.

I have very interesting alternatives now which I try and use. Most of the time.

_Sian_

Registered
Reaction score
Website
That should actually worry you.

Next time someone looks at me in surprise when I say I'm studying to be a paramedic and asks how I'm going to do that job when I'm so small, I'll just tell them that I think like a large scottish man with a hagrid beard.

I'm sure that'll work

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Next time someone looks at me in surprise when I say I'm studying to be a paramedic and asks how I'm going to do that job when I'm so small, I'll just tell them that I think like a large scottish man with a hagrid beard.

I'm sure that'll work

I should send you a pic of him with his niece. He's all kinds of mush, really. :D

Its not the size of the beard that matters, its the fluffiness.

_Sian_

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Going by the picture beforehand, I figured the beard was as long as I was tall.

Your profile pic says differently, but that's because of photoshop, no? :p I mean, all my dreams will be dashed if that picture isn't an accurate representation

*sniffs*

_Sian_

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Sweet potatoe chips aren't really done here in aus, but judging by the talk in here, and the talk Raven's ideas in Fen's cooking thread, that's something I need to rectify.

Status
Not open for further replies.