Recommend first-person (POV) short stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

sketchyfish

Registered
Reaction score
I was wonder if I could get some recommendations for a first-person short story or two. It doesn't matter so much what genre it is, but I plan on writing one myself and I was hoping to read a few examples. I apologize if something like this has already been mentioned.

Thanks in advance!

sketchyfish

Registered
Reaction score
I really, really enjoyed that! I play online poker myself. Do you have anything else on the website?

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, sketchyfish! Glad you enjoyed it. No, I don't have any other stories at that site, and the only other two I can find that are still online are both romance (and neither is in first person). If you're interested anyway, they're here and here.

Coop720

Registered
Reaction score

WriterTrek

Boldy Writing
Registered
Reaction score
Side Jobs by Jim Butcher is a collection of short stories set in the larger Dresden Files universe (Urban Fantasy). I enjoyed it.

Last edited:

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
I was wonder if I could get some recommendations for a first-person short story or two. It doesn't matter so much what genre it is, but I plan on writing one myself and I was hoping to read a few examples. I apologize if something like this has already been mentioned.

Thanks in advance!

My current collection has two stories in first person. If you're interested in reading them, PM me, and I can send you an electronic copy of the book.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Here's my own "Out Stack", 6100 words in first present: here. (Sexual content, strong language.)

As with other things, I do use first person a lot (except when I don't).

Last edited:

Elly_Green

Daydreamer or Living Nightmare
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eratosmusings-erotica.blogspot.com
All of my published works are in the first person POV, past tense. I write erotica (nothing too kinky or BDSM), though, so you might not be interested. Let me know either on the thread or privately and I'll set you up with some examples.

Having said that, for my anthology submissions, I use the 3rd person since most folks and editors like it better (from what I've heard...).

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
I like first person, and probably eighty percent of the short stories I've sold are first person, including three I sold to Ellery Queen. THis means I'm constantly on the lookout for first person stories. Lawrence Block is one of my favorite mystery writers, and he has several collections of short stories, almost all in first person.

Status
Not open for further replies.