Registered
Reaction score
highly disturbing of you billy.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
huh?

but 36 yr olds shouldnt be dating 18 yr olds.

its your fault you whittled away your formative years on internet message boards instead of finding a wife.

but good luck!

P.S not 24 yet. but close :(

Reaction score
Bravo said:
huh?

but 36 yr olds shouldnt be dating 18 yr olds.

I didn't say we should be.

I said it would be cool if it was a fad.

Talk to me when you're 36 about this idea and we'll see how you feel.

"Don't judge what you don't understand. You never walked in that man's shoes."
Elvis Presley

Happy almost 24th.

Man, you are getting old.

Reaction score
Bravo said:

One, maybe two good years left.

Live baby.

Stop posting, start drinking for god's sakes and live!

But drink in moderation.

And how's your hairline? Still solid?

Limit time in sun and for god's sake stay at fighting weight.

And take Alpha Lipoic Acid, Co-Enzyme Q10, Vitamin C- Ester, Selenium, Vitamin E and a good multi-vitamin.

And excericse and drink tons of water.

Maybe you'll be able to hang in there a little longer.

Good luck!

TeddyG

The Other Shoe Will Fall!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.virginisrael.com
Actually the "generation rule" usually rocks. It keeps you REAL and sane.
Sometimes though, I will admit, I have a temptation to break it. But it has worked for me.
I have no desire to be out with someone and some nice stranger says "Oh it is so nice to take your daughter out to lunch!"

Yet even ignoring the 10 year rule, (and my mom was 10 years younger than Pop and it worked fine for them), I dont think I would be comfortable passing over a 15-16 year range. It just would not work for me...though some people here have done will with it.

And make no mistake. This does not exclude anyone in my immediate age realm as well.

But it is fascinating to see the serious notations and posts here.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
A couple of months ago a guy was in my office working on our phone lines. At the end of the day, he came up to me and asked if I thought our receptionist would go out with him. I said, "DUDE! She's, like, 19!!" He said, "oh. Um, I thought she was older."

EVERY chick in my office, regardless of the age, was completely creeped out. He was probably pushing 40. It's funny that everyone's reaction to that was exactly the same.

Um, EEWW!

I have no idea why. He just seemed like a predator or something.

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Carole said:
EVERY chick in my office, regardless of the age, was completely creeped out. He was probably pushing 40. It's funny that everyone's reaction to that was exactly the same.

Um, EEWW!

I have no idea why. He just seemed like a predator or something.

Yeah, that is pretty spooky.

The girl I'm referring to works in a bookstore I frequently shop at, and we've chatted about books and authors for probably over a year. A few months ago, I made a comment about how I really liked her new haircut, and she blushed like crazy. Since then, let's just say our chats have been a little more intense.

I don't know. Is it wise to pursue this? Absolutely not. Am I smart and mature enough to make the right decision? Probably not.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
It depends on the person... I don't think it was the fact that he was pushing 40 that made you go "EEWWWW." It was the fact that he acted and sounded like a predator that did it.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
I have been dating men 15 to 21 years younger than me for the last nine years. I would LOVE it if an attractive, happy man my age would look my way. I get told they think I am too young for them because I look a good 10 to 15 years younger than my actual age. Yet still something had to go down to personality. It isn't always easy after 40 to find someone who hasn't just become bogged down in life and hasn't forgotten to live.

TeddyG

The Other Shoe Will Fall!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.virginisrael.com
Casiopeia said:
It isn't always easy after 40 to find someone who hasn't just become bogged down in life and hasn't forgotten to live.

That is funny cause I would say the EXACT same thing about most women above the age of 40. So I don't think it is a "gender" problem. I think it is more a personality.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
maestrowork said:
It depends on the person... I don't think it was the fact that he was pushing 40 that made you go "EEWWWW." It was the fact that he acted and sounded like a predator that did it.

Precisely! Some guys(and gals) just ooze sleeze. If they'd gotten to know each other, become friends, and moved on from there, no one would be half as worried.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
I think love has no age limits however, I do believe that one's ability to act responsibly and handle that love effectively requires maturity. I believe that, on a global scale, very few people really ever learn how to handle love.

Too many distorted ideas of what love is all about.

Ultimately, my response to "does age matter" is to say yes it does to some extent. I feel the overall issue has less to do with age and more to do with emotional intelligence.

At 14 years old, my daughter has not gained enough emotional intelligence to have a boyfriend of say 21. On the flip side of that, a guy of 21 who would want a girlfriend age 14 obviously lacks emotional and intellectual intelligence. Why intellectual intelligence? because any 21 year old dumb enough to mess with my 14 year old daughter is also too dumb to realize what I would do to him if he did. :D

Gehanna

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Casiopeia said:
It isn't always easy after 40 to find someone who hasn't just become bogged down in life and hasn't forgotten to live.

I agree, and it's frustrating as hell. I'm also getting tired of listening to a litany of things my date just won't put up with, even if they're things I would never do in the first place. Gimme a break. I feel like I'm in a job interview or something. I'm all about information and research, and I am curious about the person, but when my mental list of her likes and dislikes is so imbalanced the "likes" column only contains likes to glare at waitresses and loves pasta, it really doesn't bode well.

Status
Not open for further replies.