Status
Not open for further replies.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
It has rained all day here today - thunder and lightning too. Very nice.

I have also discovered my roof leaks. Not so nice.

Guess I know where my tax return is going... :chair

(btw, what happened to the can kicking smilie?)

Last edited:

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the warm wishes, the pain has resided and i can actually hear much better now! I'm hoping its all part of this cold/allergies that i'm going through, my sore throat is going away now too.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh--speaking of birds, apparently was have a falcon that has taken up shop in our backyard. A real one! :snoopy: not the plastic one we bought at the hardware store. :D Which means maybe we can get our squirrel problem under control.

I think, and I could be wrong, but I think falcons hunt other birds and such. Not ground prey. So unless they are flying squirrels, the falcon may not help.

Sorry.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Owls are good for that too. I was once driving and slammed on my breaks as an Owl scooped up a squirrel right in front of me! Its was awesome to see.... sadly no one believes me when i tell the story...

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Lovely, Abby.

Oh--speaking of birds, apparently was have a falcon that has taken up shop in our backyard. A real one! :snoopy: not the plastic one we bought at the hardware store. :D Which means maybe we can get our skwirrel problem under control. :Shrug:
:eek:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Owls are good for that too. I was once driving and slammed on my breaks as an Owl scooped up a squirrel right in front of me! Its was awesome to see.... sadly no one believes me when i tell the story...

I believe you.

No reason an owl wouldn't do that.

Or swoop down on a chihuahua, if the owl is big enough.

:D

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
heheheeheheh! YAY! thank you, but still my friends will not believe the Turkey incident.... I swear i need a camera on me at all times for the crazy stuff that happens to me.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Ok... So my college is in a quiet suburb of Philadelphia. Which is why no one believes me but this honest to God happened. I was driving down Church Road, a long rather popular road on my way home one Friday. It was about 3am, on a perfectly sunny afternoon. I saw something run out in the middle of the road, i slammed on my beaks, as did the car in the next lane going the opposite way. In the middle of a road stopped a Turkey. A real life freaking Turkey!!!!

He stayed there for a moment the other driver and i looking at it like it was some alien that fell from the sky, then the other driver honked and the Turkey continued on its way across the street. This was in a suburban residential area, and it shocked me, but i know what a damn turkey looks like and that was a turkey. More on the thin side but still a turkey.

None of my friends ever believed me though, thought i must have seen a dog or cat but not a turkey.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, if it was big, and brown, and a bird, it was more than likely a turkey, especially considering they are larger than cats, by a lot, and unlike dogs they walk on two legs.

And yes, wild ones are thinner than you might expect.

And tell your friends there was a flock of turkeys living in suburban Pittsburgh when I lived there. I saw them along the trolley tracks in the short little stretch of woods. It doesn't take much for turkeys to find a home.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
I think, and I could be wrong, but I think falcons hunt other birds and such. Not ground prey. So unless they are flying squirrels, the falcon may not help.

Sorry.
I thought so, too. But then I looked it up and sometimes they do. :Shrug: And also, I think it depends on the kind of falcon. But I don't know what kind this one is anyway, I've yet to see it myself.

At the very least, maybe it'll scare the squirrels. :D

Owls are good for that too.

I believe you.

No reason an owl wouldn't do that.
And actually, I was told they wouldn't do that. Because squirrels are out in the day and owls hunt at night.

Did I also mention I have a fake owl. :tongue

I'm all turned around now. :e2bummed:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Its was at around sunset the owl incident, the turkey incident was in plain daylight though!

Thank you Bos i will need to tell them that now. I will make them believe I'm not crazy one way or the other! (at least not in this sense)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Huh. Our squirrels must pass out early.

I don't know enough about the late-night habits of squirrels one way or the other.

Although.... Allie, you sure it wasn't a skunk? Similar-looking tail in the dark, and owls eat those.

Which is why owls tend to smell.

Sweet. A weapon. :evil

*swings*

Did I hit anyonething?

So... no candy?

*backs way out of reach*

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
No much much smaller. Diffidently a little brown squirrel.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Allie is just an innocent in this. You're the one who gave me the stick in the first place.

Yes, and the blindfold. And the pinata.

Of course, having seen enough America's Funniest Home Videos, I should probably have known what was going to happen.

*swings again*

Now?

*whack*

Hit it again.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm taking that bat away from you now! *rubs head*

On a lighter note. I FOUND SOME OF MY ORIGINAL STORY I LOST!!!! Ironically the very scene i'm re-writing right now! YAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.