Status
Not open for further replies.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
:e2woo:

:e2woo:

As for Skype, we can do any time*. Since folks dont tend to go out Sunday night, how is 5 PM EST? That should work for most time zones...

*any time except I am going riding around 1 and may be a few hours. So pre noon is the other choice. Say 11:30?

Five pm sunday works for me

KitCat

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
ditto for me (4pm), if we're even home, weekends are the only time we're out and about

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning cantinas :Sun:

Today is the first race of the cycling classics season in Belgium. :e2bike2: Lots of hills and cobbled streets and very fit men dressed in tight lycra. I shall be watching for the competitive element naturally. Yeah right.

Fresh tea, get your fresh tea right here.

Last edited:

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Guys I don't really have much in the way of a social life this weekend (I have lots of highly exciting plans involving sleeping and reading) so I can Skype chat whenever. Just lemme know when :)

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
I always thought the advertising on their (well-formed) lycra-covered butts was hilarious, though.

Me, I usually prefer 'veldrijden'. Shorter and more action.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Can we get a do over on today?

My laptop battery won't fully charge - have no idea why.

Baby Kidlet has diarrhea so bad that the skin is bright red and chemical burn-y looking. I'm guessing that's because it smells straight up like stomach acid. Anyway, this skin on his bum has now broken and has raw spots.

The girls started their morning by purposely irritating each other and fighting with much screaming and crying.

Meanwhile I have not had any coffee. The pot just finished. I'm going to go do that now.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

I can do the 5 pm tomorrow but not the 11:30 as I have an online workshop then.

But I'm online now if anyone would like to chat. :D shadowflame1974

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
awww poor little one TJ. Do you have any zinc oxide. It will make a protective layer over the skin so that stuff doesn't irritate the skin. My youngest had very sensitive skin and I used Gold Bond baby powder on him. Really worked if you can find it. Had zinc oxide, cornstarch and some other ingredients. If you are really in a pinch, just some plain old petroleum jelly will work for a bit too

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com
Are we doing this tomorrow then? I'm just trying to plan.

Today was supposed to be all about me me me me (because life has been tough lately) but turns out the dryer isn't fixed after all :(

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
aww KL seems like everyone is having a bad morning :(

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
awww poor little one TJ. Do you have any zinc oxide. It will make a protective layer over the skin so that stuff doesn't irritate the skin. My youngest had very sensitive skin and I used Gold Bond baby powder on him. Really worked if you can find it. Had zinc oxide, cornstarch and some other ingredients. If you are really in a pinch, just some plain old petroleum jelly will work for a bit too

Yeah, I've been slathering it on. He's had it for a couple of days now. He still is taking in plenty of fluids and eating so-so and since most stomach things are viruses, we haven't been to the doctor yet. If it keeps up, we'll need to see about that. :(

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com
BTW, if anyone wants my nick for Skype, feel free to PM me and I can give it to you.

In other news (yes I like that phrase), I have a decent short ready to send out. Problem is I was reading some short fic the other day and one of the places I was going to send it has a featured story that has some similarities - though we told very different tales. I was wondering if I should still sub there or just pick somewhere else.

And edits are going slooooow. I want this novella done already!

Last edited:

Nakhlasmoke

yes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cathellisen.com
Yeah, I've been slathering it on. He's had it for a couple of days now. He still is taking in plenty of fluids and eating so-so and since most stomach things are viruses, we haven't been to the doctor yet. If it keeps up, we'll need to see about that. :(

:( hope he's better soon.

In other news (yes I like that phrase), I have a decent short ready to send out. Problem is I was reading some short fic the other day and one of the places I was going to send it has a featured story that has some similarities - though we told very different tales. I was wondering if I should still sub there or just pick somewhere else.

I vote send; the worst they can do is say no.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm late. I'm here now.

Late or no, the important bit is that you're here.

I started a little ahead of you, but it's been slow going. Half my dialogue is in German, so I'm having to go back and check my grammar constantly, which is slowing me down.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I bought a foot warmer/foot massager today. I... am never parting ways with it again.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Baby Kidlet has diarrhea so bad that the skin is bright red and chemical burn-y looking. I'm guessing that's because it smells straight up like stomach acid. Anyway, this skin on his bum has now broken and has raw spots.

Tj, do you have access to a grocery store with a good health food or supplements section? Look for l. reuteri. It's a probiotic, like the acidophilus bifidis stuff advertised in yogurts, but it's really, specifically good for diarrhea and good for children down to infant age. Our pediatrician recommended it for my kid when he was violently ill from antibiotics. I wholeheartedly recommend it. It usually works in 2-3 doses (within a day). It comes either as a powder or capsule and is usually in the refrigerator section. Link.

I bought a foot warmer/foot massager today. I... am never parting ways with it again.

What's his name? :D

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
What's his name? :D

You know I was going to say I have one of those, but he's not for sale. ;)

I'm still drawing my map. I have all this super duper technology available to me, drawing and graphics programs. I could probably whizz one up in Gimp if I could be bothered, and what am I using? Yep. Paper, pencil, ruler and mainly a rubber. I think modern technology is wasted on me.

In other news (because I do like this phrase really) I discovered today what someone with two mobile phones would do with them. The answer is to text two people at once, she was holding a phone in each hand and twiddling both thumbs. I wasn't sure whether to be impressed or not.

In other, other news. I walked past a vinyl record shop today, they even sold books. I almost went in, but I'm not sure I looked either cool enough or weird enough, although himself was kind enough to point out that at least I was old enough to recognise them. I suppose he would know, he's older than me.

If anyone can make suggestions as to why the webpage himself is trying to build isn't working he'd appreciate it. I think it's because he hasn't got any dragons on it.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Good morn...errr afternoon! :D

Any volunteers to do my edits so I can laze about and read all day? No? Bah!

(We need a bah smiley to go with the gah.)

Status
Not open for further replies.