The Palin movement isn’t retreating, it’s reloading

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Here's a nightmare for ya. Bolding mine.
[A]nyone who thinks Gov. Palin or any of us “cultists” are going to go away has another thing coming — in fact, a reinvigorated Palin movement is already coalescing. The people who would have been the core supporters of a Palin campaign are now the biggest and most powerful bloc of free agents in the 2012 primary, and I’m practically salivating at the idea of watching the establishment candidates trek up to Wasilla to genuflect and beg for an endorsement. Every last one of them.
It’s also important to remember that Sarah Palin has at least a quarter century left in her political life. She’ll be the same age in 2036 that John McCain was in 2008 — so nobody is going to be dropping the idea of “President Palin” for quite some time. In the meantime, she has more than enough skill and support to engage in any number of ventures. We may well be referring to her as “Secretary Palin” in the near future — whether she’s tackling government’s biggest bureaucracy as President Cain’s Secretary of Health and Human Services, charging toward energy independence as President Romney’s energy secretary, or finally bringing some sense to environmental policy as President Perry’s EPA director.
Pleasant dreams.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Ooh, how tempted am I to hijack in post 1, but I won't.

I think her ship has sailed as a possible office holder. But she's not out of the picture.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
she'll peck around on the periphery, like some she-larouche with a book deal.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
John McCain makes one catastrophically stupid decision, and everybody's still paying for it. If not for his failed campaign, we never would have heard of this moronic woman.

Palin's an egocentric attention whore, so I'm sure she'll keep getting her face in front of cameras, but I'm not really worried about Secretary Palin. (Actually, I wouldn't hire her as a secretary, even for a small office selling bicycle insurance. Just not trustworthy.)

Palin's not really the problem; she's a symptom. Lot of stupidity out there.

Rustgold

Registered
Reaction score
Qld : Somewhere near Kangaroos & Possums & Kookabu
Come on, she mightn't be Einstein, but is she really the dumbest creature on the block? I don't think so.
Whilst I mightn't put her as my first preferred choice, there's a awful lot worse out there. Vice President Biden anybody....

This rapid-dog anti-Palin movement is essentially a far-left hate-trip, and it actually puts her back in the maybe range for it.

muravyets

Old revolutionary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Sarah Palin is by no means the dumbest public figure today. Michele Bachman is dumber than her.

But that doesn't make Palin smart, even by comparison, mostly because Sarah Palin embraces ignorance as some kind of a lifestyle choice. She is not only uninformed and intellectually lazy, she is a bad example for the kids coming up. Think of the children.

Anyway, even rightwing voters know she is not qualified for high office. Many people who like her know she has neither the brains nor the temperament for the highest office in the country. The flirtation with the idea of her as president is well over.

And so is her yearning for the job, too, as her recent statements about it make clear she thinks President of the United States is too small a job for her.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Especially when she can earn 2-3x more per year as a lobbyist/TV news show pundit than if she were to become POTUS? She knows which side her bread's buttered on.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Bah. Palin's moment in the sun of potential political success has long passed. She may well hang on as a commentator on Fox for a while (Christ, they still employ Dick Morris), but the concept of her being a serious political candidate is a goner. She ain't in the 2012 mix, and by 2016, win or lose, there will be new shiny Republican stars on the horizon.

She has the staying power of American Idol winners.

caw

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
I don't regard Palin as stupid. I do regard her as ignorant, selfish and cruel though.

Stupid? No. That implies a lack of innate intellectual capacity.

What she is:

Poorly educated.
Parochial.
Intolerant, owing largely to religious background.
Narcissistic to a fault.
Shrewd.
Manipulative in ways that would make Machiavelli smile.
Stage-struck.
Lacking the will and drive to actually do the work required to be a serious national political figure.

People wanting to understand Sarah Palin really need to pay a visit for a while to the area in which she grew up, and still lives. Wasilla, Alaska, is a statewide joke of a place, a non-town that exists primarily as a bedroom community forty-some miles from Anchorage for commuters who like to pretend they live in the wilderness. Palin's state representative a couple of years ago got sent to prison for accepting, on clandestine videotape in a sleazy local hotel room, a $5,000 bribe in the form of wads of cash handed to him and stuffed in his pocket, with the expressed reason being he needed a new truck.

That's Wasilla.

caw

crunchyblanket

the Juggernaut of Imperfection
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder how she sees herself.

Does she really believe her own myth and all the crap she is dishing out?

Or is she a stonecold, calculating liar who plays with people only for her own advancement?

My suspicions lie with the latter, although I'm always willing to be proven wrong.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
I think the person quoted in the first post is whistling past the graveyard.

Soon after McCain selected Palin I heard some high school classmates of Palin's say that in high school she had been a Mean Girl. It doesn't look like she ever grew out of it.

Mean Girls always have some hangers-on.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Sarah Palin?

Isn't she some reality TV star or something?

She should stick to that. I don't like reality TV stars, and don't really want them doing anything that affects me.

Teinz

Back at it again.
Registered
Reaction score
My suspicions lie with the latter, although I'm always willing to be proven wrong.

I suspect her of being a player too. Which makes her pure evil in my book.

The amount of people regarding her as the new Jesus, makes it even scarier.

Please Sarah, be good! Be Good! Use your powers for the benefit of mankind!

Last edited:

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
In the meantime, she has more than enough skill and support to engage in any number of ventures.

Well, if by "ventures" they mean "wacky tomfoolery"...

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aren't all the Sarah Palin threads supposed to be started by die-hard liberals so conservatives who have the hots for her but pretend they don't can point their finger and say "This is the Left's obsessing over Sarah again. Why can't they leave this poor woman alone?"

Don, please stay in your lane. :e2bike2:

As for the Palinista cultists who found themselves Left Behind by their goddess, all I can tell them is there's plenty of room on the Michelle Bachmann bandwagon.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Aren't all the Sarah Palin threads supposed to be started by die-hard liberals so conservatives who have the hots for her but pretend they don't can point their finger and say "This is the Left's obsessing over Sarah again. Why can't they leave this poor woman alone?"

Don, please stay in your lane. :e2bike2:
I'm anti-war, pro-choice, anti-PATRIOT ACT, pro-gay marriage, anti-corporations and pro-drug legalization.

Compared to Sarah Palin (and most folks on this board) I AM a die-hard liberal. Hell, I don't even trust the state, and that used to be a requirement for liberal chops, not so long ago.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
She has the staying power of American Idol winners.

caw

What kind of winner? Taylor Hicks or Carrie Underwood?

As far as Palin is concerned, I do think the is a rabid hatred for the woman that is unjustified. I think that also has been responsible for some of the support. People see that mass hysteria in the left as an attack not just on her, but on anyone who doesn't see things as they do.

My sister-in-law is one of those types, for example. My sister in law is the type of person who gets her political knowledge from the one liners of late night comedians. You can't really discuss stuff with her because she really has no understanding of anything. She hates Palin, which makes me want to praise Palin whenever she's around, just to drive her nuts. Her birthday was this past week, right before Palin announced she wasn't running. I gave her a birthday card with Palin on it and wrote inside that I sent Palin's Presidential exploratory committee $100 in her name and that she should expect to get the Sarah Palin newsletter. She bought it for just a second.

However, even among those that like her, with the exception of the die hards, I think it's sunk in that she hasn't the ability to President.

Maxx

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
I'm anti-war, pro-choice, anti-PATRIOT ACT, pro-gay marriage, anti-corporations and pro-drug legalization.

Compared to Sarah Palin (and most folks on this board) I AM a die-hard liberal. Hell, I don't even trust the state, and that used to be a requirement for liberal chops, not so long ago.

Nobody trusts the state. Governments created to restrain the state probably need more support than they are getting.