• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Albert T. Longden Associates

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
Does anyone know if the agent Albert T. Longden in Bloomfield, NJ. is the same person as the agent Al Logden at Rights Unlimited, in New York? It's a rather unusual name, or at least it is to me, for them to be different people. But why would he be offering as an agent in two places? Did he leave Rights Unlimited or join them?

Stlight

Mark Wakely

Still working on that second novel
Registered
Reaction score
Al was my agent at Rights Unlimited. He sold the Korean foreign rights to my novel to Mythos Books.

Mr. Longden was great to work with. He would definitely be on my query list if I needed an agent.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Great to know. Thanks, Mark. Anyone else have experience with him or query him lately? I am wondering about response times and stuff like that.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Also, his guidelines say to send a whole nonfiction proposal by email. Would that be as an attachment? Do you think you could just send a query first?

Snagglepuss

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Albert Longden has sold novels to major publishers lately? Does anyone have details/recommendations? I couldn't find too much info online about this agency. :)

Chanelley

Registered
Reaction score
He's not currently taking on new clients, but he will be after March.

newday11

Registered
Reaction score
I just signed a contract with Al this weekend. My book is NF, military/espionage, 87,000.

JJPie

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know what his response time is?

JJPie

Registered
Reaction score
That was fast. He never replied to me. I'm assuming it's a no at this point.

batgirl

Writting broad
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bmlgordon.com
Did you e-query? He seems like a gent, so maybe your query didn't get through? Here's the response I had:
I wanted to thank you for your submission to ATL Associates. I found your story-line had many interesting factors that I really liked but after reviewing your material and although I find considerable merit in it, I have opted to pass on your work.

Unfortunately, my continued backlog and current workload prevent me from taking on any additional works at this time.

Again, thank you for your submission and I wish you all the success your work deserves.
I'm guessing it's a form (the 'not taking additional works' part especially), but must be one of the nicest.
-Barbara

JJPie

Registered
Reaction score
I sent an e-query at the end of March. It's always possible it was eaten by the spam filter, I suppose.

NVS

Registered
Reaction score
Just sharing my experience with this agent:

• Queried via email August 24, 2008.
  • Received a reply from Mr. Longden saying "I'd love to see it." August 25, 2008, so I submitted the mss (also via email) promptly.
  • I followed up via email after just shy of three months on November 17, 2008.

I received...
No response. Nothing. Ever. (not even a simple "thanks but no thanks".)

Again, just sharing, but since Mr. Longden, I agree, seemed like "a gent," he certainly turned out to not be my "agent."

Last edited:

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
Anybody have any recent experience with him?

Linda Adams

Soldier, Storyteller
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linda-adams.com
He appears to be closed to submissions for the rest of 2010. I just got a rejection that said:

Dear Author,
Due to the extreme volume of submissions and the increased caseload that has resulted, I will no longer be accepting submission for the remainder of the year.
I wish to thank you for thinking of Albert T. Longden Associates, and encourage you to resubmit in 2011 if you have not yet found a home for you work.

starscape

Busy with a number of networks
Registered
Reaction score
Website
leikkanen.wordpress.com
I have never received a reply from him. And today he e-mailed me with "Hi' as the subject. In conclusion, I don't think he's reliable and I have blacklisted him.

Hope you get this on time,

I had to make an urgent trip to Northampton, UNITED-KINGDOM and had my bag stolen from me with my passport and credit cards in it. The embassy is willing to help by letting me fly without my passport, I just have to pay for a ticket and settle Hotel bills. Unfortunately for me, I can't have access to funds without my credit card, I've made contact with my bank but they need more time to come up with a new one. I was thinking of asking you to lend me some quick funds that I can give back as soon as I get in. I really need to be on the next available flight. I can forward you details on how you can get the funds to me. You reach me with May Field Hotel Desk Phone +44 703 590 7331 or via my email.

I await your response

regards

Mark Wakely

Still working on that second novel
Registered
Reaction score
He's my agent. I emailed Al when I saw starscape's post to let him know about the problem. He replied that he was aware that his email had been hacked and that everything should be back to normal today.

nathanrudy

Kendy's Father, Maureen's Husband
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nathanrudy.com
Does Mr. Longdon Send Rejections ...

or is he one that if you don't hear it's a no? I queried him in January and am wondering if I should send a note to ensure he received it especially considering the hack of his account that came just after I sent the query.

atlong

Registered
Reaction score
JUst want to thank you all for your patience and sincerity in dealing with me. I am currently a one person shop and receive nearly 100 queries daily. An impossible amount to respond to consistantly. From the agent's desk, all I can say is if the pitch grabs my attension, I will respond. Again, thanks for thinking of my humble agency.