Ray's House of Love (Volume II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ Mars

Interesting little planet you've got here.
Registered
Reaction score
Roomie is not a pet. He is human ...
That was evidently difficult for some posters to glean, as your reference to Roomie was clouded by mention of his office. :sarcasm

"No matter how you try, your writing won't always elevate your readers to challenging heights and new horizons." ~ From The Book of Things Writers Should Know.

Last edited:

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That was evidently difficult for some posters to glean, as your reference to Roomie was clouded by mention of his office. :sarcasm

You could give a pet an office, but they'd just get bored and mess up the paperwork. They just aren't that organized with office supplies, ya know? :D

Mornin' all.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, everyone. Spring may have arrived here--three consecutive days above 50. I feel the urge to dig in the garden. After a winter so warm weeds grew, it needs it.

Maryn, seeking additional caffeine

BeThatAsItMay

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]I'm reading all this you know (and other lurkers too)...Thanks Comena for clearing it up.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]K.R.J I visited your blog[/FONT]

[FONT="]Even though her husband had been dead for three years, Molly Green still wore black [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]That’s nothing. After their husbands have passed away, Christian widows in the Europe wear black clothes to their death. And that’s what I call the respect. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Now straight to the hot tub…girls you comin[/FONT]

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net

[FONT=&quot]That’s nothing. After their husbands have passed away, Christian widows in the Europe wear black clothes to their death. And that’s what I call the respect. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Now straight to the hot tub…girls you comin[/FONT]

This is satire, right? You're not really this misogynist, right?

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
And so it is, now.

Good morning all you wonderful people!

It looks like winter is finally gone here in my neck of the woods in the Buckeye State, replaced with some semblance of spring. Look at these predicted highs for the next week--65, 69, 72, 63, 59, 65, 72. Two days over 70! Lovin' it! Poor, Pandora, though. A high of 94 and 98 today and tomorrow in Bangkok, the land of eternal summer.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Another reason I'm unlikely to visit Bangkok. I've lived where it's that hot and more, but dry. I'm prone to prickly heat, not to mention melting.

We're five to ten degrees cooler than Ohio, but it's springy here as well. I have a few snowdrops blooming, and of the 60 or so crocuses I planted in a big smiley-face, a massive five are blooming. The daffodils are up 4 or 5 inches, and some of them may be naturalizing. I worried they might not have any oomph left, after coming up half a dozen times during our freaky-warm winter.

I did a lot of yard work yesterday, most of it cutting down last season's ornamental grasses and echinacea which I leave up for something to look at when it's snowy, raking the leaves which fell after my big fall cleanup, and picking up a bazilliion sticks and assorted trash which blew into the yard.

Somebody's vinyl tablecloth has been frozen into ice for at least a month, then in a puddle of stagnant water. Yesterday I was already muddy so I retrieved it. I was going to be a good neighbor by laundering it, folding it neatly, and setting it out near the street with a sign asking YOURS? Until I saw how many small rips and tears it had, dozens. It became a yard-waste cloth instead.

Maryn, bad, bad neighbor

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
Komnena, that's great. I really like those, and so many varieties. What do yours look like...purple...?

Maryn, if you're definite about not going to Bangkok, I'll take the ticket off your hands if it's just lying around and you just don't know what to do with it. Just sayin'. :D

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
The variety is coral bells. It is not very big yet.
BeThatAsItMay, who is Comena? I don't remember seeing any posts by this person anywhere.

Last edited:

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, the coral bells are beautiful!

Comena? Oh, I think I remember her in that movie, Comena, Comena with Whoopi Goldberg. :ROFL:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Or that old song, Comena My House.

Maryn, pun-runner

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

Or that old Boy George Song, Comena Chameleon.

It's all pun and games until someone loses an eye.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know this is going to make me sound terribly emotionally immature (which I am) but I simply can't visit a place named Bangkok. I just can't.

:D

At least it's Tuesday. And it should be almost 80 around here tomorrow. Nice!

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

BeThatAsItMay

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I know this is going to make me sound terribly emotionally immature (which I am) but I simply can't visit a place named Bangkok. I just can't.

:D

At least it's Tuesday. And it should be almost 80 around here tomorrow. Nice!

Then you should read Kant more and enlighten yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.