What YA book are you reading RIGHT NOW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I've read The Boyfriend List and The Boy Book, and I was really surprised by how much I got into them. I picked them up because they were cheap and short, and being straightforward contemp YA, I wasn't that excited to read them. But I loved them. I have Real Live Boyfriends, but not Treasure Map of Boys, so I haven't gone any further.

Katallina

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kathyanncoleman.blogspot.com
I'm planning my next shopping trip and The Boyfriend List is one of the books I'm looking at getting.

I finished Bumped. I loved it. I hope there'll be a sequel and considering how it ended, that seems likely.

Debating what I'll read next. I keep eyeing Fallen and asking "Why on earth did I buy this?" I've heard things about it that are making me leery to get going on it, plus I have all these other books that are going "Read me! Read me!" :tongue The trouble is that I bought Torment and Passion at Walmart since they were cheap ... So if I don't end up liking Fallen I have not one but three books I'll need to find new homes for. (I am a terrible impulse buyer...)

Guess I'll have to give it a shot and see how it goes.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
You can always give them to the library. I did that with some of the books I rescued from Borders before they closed (they destroy the ones they don't sell)

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You can always give them to the library. I did that with some of the books I rescued from Borders before they closed (they destroy the ones they don't sell)

Or donate them to juvenile detention centers or group homes in your area. ;)

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
I'm planning my next shopping trip and The Boyfriend List is one of the books I'm looking at getting.

I finished Bumped. I loved it. I hope there'll be a sequel and considering how it ended, that seems likely.

Debating what I'll read next. I keep eyeing Fallen and asking "Why on earth did I buy this?" I've heard things about it that are making me leery to get going on it, plus I have all these other books that are going "Read me! Read me!" :tongue The trouble is that I bought Torment and Passion at Walmart since they were cheap ... So if I don't end up liking Fallen I have not one but three books I'll need to find new homes for. (I am a terrible impulse buyer...)

Guess I'll have to give it a shot and see how it goes.

I smell a possible blog contest give away!!! :D

Really want Bumped. I went to my local Border's today and bought 10 books at 30%off. They didn't have bumped :( I know it's not much, but 10 books for under 70 is great (oh, that included a book i got for my girls). I bought 5 books I haven't read--Ash, Paranormalcy, Willow, I'd Tell You I Love But Then I'd Have to Kill You, and Maze Runner. I also bought 5 books I've read, but don't own, but had to have--All of Courtney Summers books (Cracked up to Be, Some Girls Are and Fall for Anything--actually, FFA, I purchased twice 'cause I also own it on my iPad *fan much?*), Speak, and The Year of Secret Assignments.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
I've just finished THERE IS NO DOG by Meg Rosoff and it's absolutely hilarious. I'm still not convinced it's YA given the nature of the story, but I do predict that there will be a lot of people out there who would love to own an Eck.

Anthony McGowan's review of There Is No Dog from yesterday's Guardian.

A new Meg Rosoff is a must-buy for me.

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
I've been on an 'adult' book kick for the last few weeks but I'm about to start HUNTING LILA by Sarah Alderson, which I've heard good things about and which is a story featuring teenagers with super powers.

MM

adktd2bks

addicted to books
Registered
Reaction score

That's a good idea Sage!

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
Not sure if I mentioned this already but I'm almost done with THE BOY BOOK by E. Lockhart, second in the Ruby Oliver series (and better than the first one, in my opinion).

Also reading THE DAY BEFORE by Lisa Schroeder. I've never read a novel in verse before, so I have nothing to compare it to, but... this novel is beautiful. So in love with it.

If you want to read another book in verse check out After the Kiss by Terra Elan McVoy. It's written in both verse and prose but the writing is amazingly beautiful. :)

Reesee

hope springs eternal
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished reading Starcrossed. It was pretty entertaining. I'm looking forward to the next one in the series.

adktd2bks

addicted to books
Registered
Reaction score
Finished Where She Went. Was not expecting the ending to be like that - not sure why, just didn't. LOVED the male voice in this. :)

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I'm still reading Wither...and I'm now reading Hannah's Invincible Summer too.

Moonshade

Registered
Reaction score
I finally have the chance to read "Bucking the Sarge" by Christopher Paul Curtis. I've just finished the first chapter and Christopher's sense of humor is (as always) evident.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Catching up on contemporary with WILL GRAYSON, WILL GRAYSON. (I know, I'm so behind) Loving Green's bits, not quite sure about Levithan's. Hopefully no-caps Will will grow on me.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
I finished The Sky Is Everywhere. I think I may have a new favorite book. Shocking.

Can't wait to read this one. Was so disappointed that they had no available copies at Borders this past weekend. Also was looking for Will Grayson Will Grayson, Looking for Alaska, If I Stay, and Anna and the French Kiss, but alas, they had none. :(

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Catching up on contemporary with WILL GRAYSON, WILL GRAYSON. (I know, I'm so behind) Loving Green's bits, not quite sure about Levithan's. Hopefully no-caps Will will grow on me.

I loved WG, WG. Kind of inspired the novel I'm almost finished writing.

K. M. Walton

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kmwalton.com
Read MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN & loved it. It's creepy and very well written. Also read & loved BAD TASTE IN BOYS - quick, fun and full of action.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can't wait to read this one. Was so disappointed that they had no available copies at Borders this past weekend. Also was looking for Will Grayson Will Grayson, Looking for Alaska, If I Stay, and Anna and the French Kiss, but alas, they had none. :(

Love all of those, except Anna and the French Kiss (and it's not horrible; I just didn't love it). So, find those books! :D

adktd2bks

addicted to books
Registered
Reaction score
I started reading Entwined last night. So far it's okay. The author builds up enough sympathy for the MC that it's kept me going.

Flur

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished NUMBERS by Rachel Ward.

Status
Not open for further replies.