XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hurrah, 10! Thats great news. But how are you and your doggies?

:)

In less awesome news, I have a slight :gaah The Centered Riding clinic hasnt deposited my check deposit yet because they may have to cancel due to lack of sign ups. I am only mildly panicing because its not till June. I emailed some horse folks and made a phone call, so hopefully that will get another few sign ups. Theres another clinic in May that is also having many open spots, bit they dont lease horses so I'm all :gaah because I cant currently sign up!

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Wee, I love that Junely and I changed our business :)
You might want to change your catchphrase if you don't want Ray Bradbury after you for royalties. Darn, I hope he doesn't come after me now *Hides*
In less awesome news, I have a slight :gaah
That really is a :gaah isn't it. Here's wishing you more awesome news instead.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You're financially doommmed, Ali.

I talked with a fourth horsie friend and tried to convince them to go to the clinic. That person should but wasnt too convinced. Our mutual friend may be going, so shed have a ride if so.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya Snowbunny. Welcome to the Cantina. I'd be careful though, there be big nasty carnivores around. I figure there are at least 4 at last count, the Kraken, the 'raptor and ... um, never mind. I don't wanna draw attention to myself.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"Wonderful, sign here please," Bos produced a contract and a ball-point pen from his pocket.

So... I'm someone who wanders around with contracts and a pen?[SUP]*[/SUP]

This is... new. My former contracts professor would be surprised.

:Wha:

Rest of it was awesome, though.

So when do we get paid?

[SUP]*[/SUP]Of course, I'm not saying I *don't.* Or that, if I did, that said contracts would be of the sell your soul variety. Not saying that at all. I'm sure there'd be one or two in there for less nefarious purposes. Possibly.

:evil

Snowybunny12

Registered
Reaction score
Hiya Snowbunny. Welcome to the Cantina. I'd be careful though, there be big nasty carnivores around. I figure there are at least 4 at last count, the Kraken, the 'raptor and ... um, never mind. I don't wanna draw attention to myself.

Wouldn't want to do that... *hides self under a chair*

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Snow. Have a magic glass. There's a map in my sig if you get lost.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
So... I'm someone who wanders around with contracts and a pen?[SUP]*[/SUP]

[SUP]*[/SUP]Of course, I'm not saying I *don't.* Or that, if I did, that said contracts would be of the sell your soul variety. Not saying that at all. I'm sure there'd be one or two in there for less nefarious purposes. Possibly.

Don't listen to him, Bunny! three more souls and he wins a set of steak knives!

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
10s! Excellent news!

Hi Snowbunny! Welcome!

I got my hair cut and colored today and it is awesome. I'll have to try to get a photo in daylight.

I also like that my salon has wine.

I think I'm heading to bed early tonight, though... I've been wiped out lately. No idea why.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
See Snowbunny? I mentioned carnivores. Some of these folks are sca..err cra... umm, never mind.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Carnivorous sheep.

Dire.

demotivational-posters-this.jpg

:D

Psychotic.Pink

Registered
Reaction score
I would say I'm mildly disturbed by recent posts in this forum, except I've seen worse. :/

>:3

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Probably the best part of my day was my in-laws responding to my bondage tweets.

Yeah, super nice.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score

Awesome!

In other news, *finally* finished first draft of current attack story, which came in at (sigh) 11500 words. Darkest thing I've ever written (okay, the zombie thing was pretty dark and squicky, but it was also kinda funny, which this isn't.)

I think it's time to go back to working on novel-length stuff. And more cheerful stuff.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
In other news, for those who asked to be kept in the loop, after a few very critical days, my neighbor woke up today, hugged his wife, could talk and remembered most of what had happened during his coma. Doctors are flabbergasted. He had about a 1% chance of surviving, and a much lower chance of recovery. So happy about this I could cry.

That is FANTASTIC news, 10s! :snoopy: Snoopy doesn't really cover how glad this makes me, but it's a good start! :) *hugs*

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Our mutual friend may be going, so shed have a ride if so.
Possibly you don't want a horse that sheds you. That sounds way too painful. Good luck with it though, I hope you get something organised to your liking.

Umm, greetings :) Mind if I pop in?
:welcome:
Rest of it was awesome, though.

So when do we get paid?

Thank you Bos. $100 divided by the twenty or so people in the story is about $5 each, and some of us live overseas so we have the exchange rate as well. I reckon that's about £6.50 for me. Don't ask me the Yen price.

Oh, and Bos. Never, never, never, never give me the idea for another story. You're just asking for it there.

Probably the best part of my day was my in-laws responding to my bondage tweets.
Yes, but did they teach you anything?

This sounds like something I would say. :D
Thank you. I am continually surprised by the amount of bits I see quoted back at me here. I must be doing something right, or is that 'write'?

Good morning cantinas :Sun:

M day -1 for Bettie, and do we have the Kricket score yet?

This evening I am going to this.

An Audience with...Vin Arthey

Mention Englishmen who spied for the Russians, and the names Burgess, Blunt, Philby and Maclean come to mind. None of the ‘Cambridge spies’ were ever a member of the KGB but William Fisher, born in Newcastle and brought up in Whitley Bay, was.

Fisher was a Colonel in the KGB when he retired, and during his 40 year career had spied for the Soviet Union in Norway, England and the United States. He was arrested in New York in 1956, and flown back to Moscow in 1963, swapped for the American U-2 pilot Francis Gary Powers.

Teesside University Visiting Fellow Vin Arthey has written the biography of Fisher. During this talk Vin will outline the problems a biographer faces when researching the life of a spy, which is intended to be secret, and how some of them were solved.
I'll let you know what I find out. If I'm allowed.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
do we have the Kricket score yet?

Good Morning Friends!

And no, nothing yet with Chibi Kricket. I do have a doctor appointment later this morning (much later, seeing as it's only 2am here). So I'm hoping for some good news. Something in the form of "Good God woman! This baby be coming right now, get thee to the hospital!" would be nice.

*sigh* That is doubtful though. I gotta stop raising mine, and everyone else's, hopes. I'm driving my self crazy, and there ain't much left to drive in the first place. :)

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score

scary sheep was scary!

But I bet the wool would be awesome to knit with...

. <--- Also, Fezzy says "hi!", he booped his nose on the iPad screen. :)

Also, also:

Looking for anything and everything on Tisiphone, one of the Erinyes/Furies. Any help is totally appreciated.

Cor, there's not much on her, you're right. I did find she's mentioned in several other books, but not many. Even searching in Greek, I mostly only found references to a music group. :) However, I did find a couple of things on JSTOR. The main ones were that there may have been WAY more than three Erinyes and that Tisiphone was their leader. There is an argument about whether or not this was the case between two academics regarding the use of the word "agmina". According to one, she could call "columns" of her sisters ("vocat agmina saeva sororum" - "She called the ranks (literally columns, used in speaking of armies) of her savage sisters", from the Aeneid.) The other claims there are only three because "classically" that's how things were. I suspect he's read too much Robert Graves. The other guy makes a better case! Other tidbits: She was "The Avenger" and specifically haunted those who committed parricide. She was also mentioned in Dante's Inferno as trying to stop the poet and Virgil from entering Hell. I would be happy to email the articles if you want, but they're pretty dry and aren't really about her, just the Erinyes/dirae in general.

There are some pretty good passages about Tisiphone - her powers and how she looks - here (although I suspect you've already got this site, I'll post it anyway, though, just in case!):
http://www.theoi.com/Khthonios/Erinyes.html

I've verified the quotes I could in the books I have, so I'd guess they're all fairly accurate. Just bear in mind most of these are Romans writing about their version of the Erinyes, so may not reflect the original Greek ideas.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Yeah, super nice.

BWAHAHAHAHA!

I mean, "Oh, how awkward."

And welcome to the Cantina, Bunny. FYI, Hillz' post is pretty much par for the course around here.

Morning gang. Whut up?

Status
Not open for further replies.