WINNERS! Writing for Kids Winter Contest

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
Huge congrats to all the winners, and to EVERYBODY for putting themselves out there! I'm so sorry I didn't get to read them this time - I have been super swamped and honestly didn't even realize the entries were up until there only two days left. And then I didn't have time to read them all. It sounds like it was a really fun round!!

BBBurke

Along for the ride
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blairbburke.com
Just wanted to say thanks to Smish for putting on the contest and everyone who entered/voted. I normally hang out in the YA forums, so this was my first venture into something younger (End of the Safe World). It was fun to do and I really enjoyed all the other entries - lots of great stuff. Campfire Girl was definitely my favorite.

Thanks!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think I'm going to complain to Smish in a few days that I haven't received my prize money.

:)

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations to the winners, though I have to say 'well done' to everyone who entered. I had a very difficult time trying to choose only three.

Some really outstanding writing there!

:D

Congrats on a great job, Smish. :)

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
More than one person tried to sneak in a fourth vote (ahem, THREE people), two by including a "tie for third" and one by including an "honorable mention". :ROFL:

The two who tried to have ties got PMs from me that they had to choose three, and only three, same as the rest of us. :D

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to Krashnburn, Wendy, and Alleycat! And kudos to everyone who entered. The quality of the writing was amazing. My entry was Bridget's Fire (the one about the kid who had never seen fire until she opened her eyes at a birthday party.) It was one of several alternate beginnings I wrote for an as-yet unfinished middle grade project. Thanks for the votes; I appreciate the positive feedback! ;)

ETA: Forgot to say, I voted for Rematch and Secret Identity because I thought they had great voice. I loved The Ohio and Fireworks, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I almost gave an honorary mention, just for Smish's benefit.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lovely anonymous donor

A lovely anonymous donor decided it wasn't fair for alleycat to win his own prize (so essentially not winning a prize), so they provided the Amazon gift card for him. :D

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, that was nice. I didn't even think about that, lol