Purgatory's Pit of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leigh.Lyons

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Radio silence for me. Been 43 days, 12 hours, 26 minutes and 47, no wait, 48 seconds on sub (not like I'm counting or anything).
0_24_19_0_0_0_0_0_0.gif
7_19_81_0_0_0_-1_0_0.gif

We've all been there, Steve.

Interesting fact, I remember this one time a while back when red talked about changing someone's post just to screw with them. I've always wanted to try it.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Natal Day, Silver!

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
(((Roly))) (((Steve)))

I'm still around the Pit. Waiting, waiting, waiting. I'm deep in writing the magic realism, but it also seems like I'm never home because of end-of-the-school-year running around. We have family coming to town this weekend. Eleven people in my house. Two guinea pigs. Two pugs. One very crazy black lab. I'm already reaching for the migraine meds.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh, but this sounds INSANE. Except for the migrane aspect (which isn't funny), the scene reminds me of something out of "Christmas Vacation" with Chevy Chase!

Have a great trip Snappy and happy anniversary!

Steve good plan. all you can do now is work on the next project (and try not to pull out your hair)

Bryn have you considered guest blogging? (don't kill me) or offering at local book stores/libraries to do an author visit? Humm...probably tacky but what about making up small posters advertising your book and posting them on community bulletin boards /library boards etc complete with info on how people can buy if they are interested? Or you could try the twitter/facebook route for a little while?

How does one guest blog though? Do you just randomly ask someone, Hey, wanna interview me?

*pet* *pet* *pet* My poor Pitizens.

Nice that you're getting some time away, Snaps.

I think for me the small press thing is just the sheer difficulty of figuring out what the fuck* to do promotion wise. I mean, really, I'm not very outgoing. I'm this cynical, misanthropic creature with a computer, and precisely what should I be doing to sell my book? Flarg.

*Right, make that cynical, misanthropic, foul-mouthed creature.

It can all get to be very overwhelming. There's almost too much info out there on things to do. It's one thing if your blog already has like 1000 followers, but if it doesn't, well...

{{Roly}}

{{Steve}}

Have an awesome trip, Snapps!

JBuck -- did you hear back from dr yet?

Have an awesome birthday, silver!

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
Interesting fact, I remember this one time a while back when red talked about changing someone's post just to screw with them. I've always wanted to try it.

I didn't just talk about it, I did it for fun. And do you remember how crazy pissed off the person got, and then she flounced out of Purgatory. My sense of humor, it's not for everyone.

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
LOL Red, YES I remember that haha!

Happy happy Silver!!!

Cat - basically yes haha. You find a blogger who you'd like to be a 'guest' on and ask for an interview. At least, I *think* that's how it happens if you don't know anyone

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
We are entering month #9 on submission with Molly. Now thinking in terms of seasons. "Submitted to Editor A in the fall, Editor B last winter and Editor C was a spring submission." The list grows smaller and smaller.

Blurgh.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
(((Vandal)))

Next month I hit the one year mark with ALP. And yes, some editors have had it that whole time. (But I'm sure they're just busy and will get to reading it soon. :rolleyes:)

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
We are entering month #9 on submission with Molly. Now thinking in terms of seasons. "Submitted to Editor A in the fall, Editor B last winter and Editor C was a spring submission." The list grows smaller and smaller.

Blurgh.

I feel your pain. Waiting sucks.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just going to offer a collective {{{Pit}}} because, damn, this place is in need of 'em!

And do you remember how crazy pissed off the person got, and then she flounced out of Purgatory. My sense of humor, it's not for everyone.

This happened to me too, although the person didn't flounce, they sent a nasty rep. People, lighten the f**k up, okay? It's all in good fun, really.

Welp, my Pitizens, I have one word for you:

Aloha!

:D

Leigh.Lyons

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
(((Roly))) (((Silver))) (((Mrs. B))) (((Red))) (((Pit))). Sounds like it's been one of those weeks...
Yes indeed. Things really picked up here. The ex-boyfriend thing went on the occupy road trip, because he is a hippie, and in all likelihood, I won't see him for at least 3 months. This might not be new for anyone else who has broken up before, but he and I were still spending a lot of time together. We would go out to dinner/breakfast a lot, run errands together, spend our days together etc. He also told me that he still loved me a number of times. So we had a tearful goodbye yesterday.

ETA: My move day got bumped up to tomorrow and so now I have to clean like a madperson.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
(((Leigh)))

Red, people do need to just chill. It's all in good fun.

Cricket, SO JEALOUS.

Also, agent got back to me. Pitch letter creation tomorrow, which means...DOUBLE SUB. Hold me.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
{{{Leigh}}} Sounds like there might be hope then?

Yay, Snappy! Let the double nailbiting begin!

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
WHOOT Cricket!
But on a serious note 'tsk' *puts hands on hips 'that one time you intentionally misquoted me was NOT cool and bla bla bla..."

YAY Snappy!

(((Leigh))) FWIW that happened with two of my ex's. We broke up but hung out for a while afterward. Perhaps it's harder to just stop hanging out with someone cold turkey when you've hung out with them pretty much every day for who knows how long...

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
We're wearing hellhound hair leis and drinking pina comaggas in your honor, Cricket.

I've done guest blog stuff for a couple people and Haupe did a quick little blurb for me in the WU newsletter, but beyond that, I haven't had as much luck. I know I need to be doing more blogging, but ... I have not been feeling it.

Double sub, Snaps? Is that anything like double-secret probation?

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
(((Leigh))) FWIW that happened with two of my ex's. We broke up but hung out for a while afterward. Perhaps it's harder to just stop hanging out with someone cold turkey when you've hung out with them pretty much every day for who knows how long...

Um, it's called the "I don't want a serious commitment with you any longer, but sex with you would still be great!"

Yay for Snappy Snapps!

Cricket, if you weren't so damn great and didn't REALLY deserve this vacay, I'd hate you right now.

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
Muted yay, Snappy

Have a great time, Cricket. Is this the re-do trip after your hubs got suddenly ill?

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Muted yay, Snappy

Have a great time, Cricket. Is this the re-do trip after your hubs got suddenly ill?

Yep. And I didn't tell anyone, because I figured I would jinx it. But we made it, and we're at our friends' house, right on the beach. I'm outside typing on the lanai, sipping my iced coffee, eating mango, papaya, and pineapple.

*hisses at hellhounds to stay back*

Status
Not open for further replies.