• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Trident Media Group

rtrgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know how fast Stephanie Maclean gets back to people? I sent her my query a month ago and I know she doesn't respond unless interested. I just wanted to know how much longer I should wait for a response before writing her off and querying someone else at the agency.

Hi - When I queried her she responded the next day with a request. I haven't hear back on that request yet.

I would go ahead and query someone else at the agency if you were ready to.

Dev

Registered
Reaction score
John Silbersack response

Just to give an idea of response time, I just received a response on a full from Mr. Silbersack's assistant. I sent it up on 18 December, and the R came today. Very polite and professional. I'd sub to them again.

Thanks,
Dev

Dot Hutchison

Falling through Clockwork
Registered
Reaction score
Got an auto-reply this morning from a query to Alyssa Henkin (YA) saying she's on maternity leave through July. It also said that she'd be checking messages during that time, though, and she'd be getting back to people as soon as possible.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Two questions. One, anyone have any information on Don Fehr? I'm guessing that just being at an agency like this at all means someone's worth sending to, eh?

Second, they've got a no response policy, so if I want to query the next person on my list, do you think six weeks is an okay wait? I sent a query to another agent on 4/2, and I've got a few from this agency on my list and I'd like to move down if it's a no, but obviously I don't want to cause any problems, either.

augusto

Registered
Reaction score
Website
willtinkham.blogspot.com
I queried 3/1 and (though unaware of a no response policy) am thinking of trying Don Fehr, as well. I just returned to their website. Is the 'Submission Terms and Conditions' form new? I don't recall seeing it before.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I don't remember it either, and it's a fair guess that because I have "No response = no" written on my spreadsheet that I actually read through their site back when I made said spreadsheet.

Isn't this the same agency that usually sent terms like that when requesting manuscripts? So perhaps this is just a way of simplifying matters. I really dislike that their guidelines are written in all caps, in any case. It's very difficult to read.

ETA: I probably got the no response thing from query tracker. It shows that the vast majority (65%) from John Silbersack (who I sent my query to) were a no response. It might vary by individual agent.

Last edited:

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, if someone got a request from him at the end of April, I think that means it's fair to assume he probably already went through mine, right?

Urgh, but then other people are saying it takes months on end to get a form rejection. It's times like this I wish people were more clear on responses and what not. Or that I could write back and say, "I'd like to write to your colleague and don't want to spend six months waiting on a query rejection, so would you mind just rejecting me now?" :tongue

Last edited:

augusto

Registered
Reaction score
Website
willtinkham.blogspot.com
I queried Alex Glass on another book in April '09, followed up two months later and got a next day apology for taking so long--the closest thing I've gotten to a personal rejection. So he's responded in the past. I guess I better send a follow-up on this one...

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Hm...in that case I'll wait another couple of weeks.

dierdredarling

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information about Stephanie Maclean? She's no longer listed on Trident's website.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Huh. No announcements of any move in the usual (public) places yet.

okiemom

Registered
Reaction score
Stephanie MacLean

I just got an email from her and she is no longer with Trident Media Group. She didn't say why. She gave me a name of someone at the company if I want to stay there but not sure how that works. It probably won't be a question if I want to stay, it will be a question of IF THEY want me to stay.

Needless to say, I am feeling pretty blahhhhhh!

whoknew

Registered
Reaction score
re: Stephanie MacLean

I rec'd an email from her, stating that she is no longer with Trident. And to contact another agent at the company.

Wondering what's going to happen next. Stephanie sent my first ms to several places, and she had just finished reading my second. Hopefully, they decide to keep me on.

Definitely took the wind out of my sails.

rtrgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Oh no! So sorry to her clients that are in limbo. That must be the worst.

I sent a manuscript to Stephanie last December. Never heard back. No biggie but I'm wondering if anyone knows who reads YA other than Alyssa who an earlier poster says is on maternity leave until July?

I'll prob hold off querying anyway as I'm sure Stephanie's clients are a first priority.

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
rtrgirl, Alex Glass reads YA. I just sent him a query a few hours ago.

rtrgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Beckstah! Good luck on your query.

D.Avet

Tripping the light Romantastically
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.danicaavet.wordpress.com
I'm glad I'm not the only one in limbo from Stephanie Maclean's leaving Trident. She sent my manuscript out to several editors and now I'm scrambling to find another agent. In the mean time, I contacted the editors I could find addresses for to give them my contact information.

I also tried getting in touch with the agent Stephanie mentioned, but haven't heard anything back yet. From what I saw on the group website, she doesn't seem to represent romance (which is what I write). Not sure if it's cool to contact yet another agent at the same company or not. It's a mess.

okiemom

Registered
Reaction score
D.Avet - I also emailed and called the agent Stephanie mentioned but haven't heard anything either. I'm kind of in limbo too. Stephanie had sent out a second ms of mine but I'm not sure where all she sent it. She had sent me some responses from a few editors and but we were kind of in the middle of it.

You would think the agency would be contacting her clients...or am I wrong in thinking that?

Has anyone else heard anything about why she left the agency?

CTaft

Registered
Reaction score
Queried Ms. Whalen on 6/8, her assistant asked for the full on 6/9. Fingers crossed, though I assume it'll be a few months till I hear back.

D.Avet

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Okie: I haven't heard anything. This morning I took the leap and queried Ms. Whalen, so we'll see if they get back to me about it. Before she left, Stephanie gave me a list of who all had my MS and who had been queried, so that helped a good bit. I don't know why there wasn't more done by the agency, unless they're still reorganizing. Maybe it takes time to go through her client list?

okiemom

Registered
Reaction score
D.Avet - Good luck with Ms.Whalen. Did you mention you were a client of Stephanie's?

CTaft - Good luck to you too. Sounds promising!!!

D.Avet

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Okiemom: Yes, I told her what happened in the query I sent to her. I did the same with the other agent Stephanie told me to contact, but still haven't heard anything back. I figure if Ms. Whalen is interested, I'll hear something in the next week or so.

okiemom

Registered
Reaction score
D.Avet - Heard back from the agent that Stephanie mentioned and I am in the market for another agent unfortunately. I hope you have better luck.