Way To Go Florida: Governor Signs Law That Accidentally Bans All Computers & Smartphones

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Jeez, folks are acting like the legislators and the governor are supposed to actually READ this stuff. /snark

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
I'd ask members from Florida to comment - but they can't actually use anything that could connect with the internet anymore.

At least not without being outlaws. Maybe we should start a bail fund drive for them.

muravyets

Old revolutionary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Bail fund? No, let them sit in a cell until they figure it out. Should keep them out of our hair. The definition of a gambling device would ban tables and chairs, too, ffs. Where do they think poker gets played? And people can bet on marbles and penny-pitching, too. Better pull up all the pavement, pronto.

Shitwits.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
LOL! don't know if I should laugh at this or cry!

K.L. Bennett

A floopy flolloper
Registered
Reaction score
As a Floridian, I give y'all permission to go ahead and have a good laugh over this. I mean, this has to be a joke, right??

As if I needed any more incentive to move my happy ass on outta here!

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Once again, I'm ignoring the law. Oh, my. *Yawn*

Or as Professor Bernardo de la Paz put it:
I will accept any rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Chrissy

Bright and Early for the Daily Race
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I really find it irritating that one stupid move by a politician indicts an entire state and gives free rein to ridicule that state, and by extension, it's populace. Hello?

Seriously. Won't visit? Think we're all outlaws? Think the warm weather rots brains? Fucking fabulous. Here's an idea: Save your brain and stay in your own apparently perfect state.

Criticize the law, the act, the person or people responsible, but don't conflate it as being a "Florida" thing. That's just ignorant.

ETA: and I see it all the time here on P&CE. Oh yeah, those TEXANS. Oh yeah, those NEW YORKERS. Or, Oh yeah, see that bill North Carolina/South Carolina/Virginia/Georgia/South Dakota/WHOTHEFUCKEVER just passed? "Those" people? Yeah those ... insert the fucking state, and make your blanket statements about the people in it.

STOP it already. Address the ISSUE. Put aside the blanket judgments about the people in those states who actually LIVE there and might possibly be having to deal with all of the bullshit.

/rant

Last edited:

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
Nice rant. She has a point. There are enough specific targets for the finger pointing and derision that we don't have to throw a wide net.

After all, this is the same state that inspired Hemingway and gave us Travis McGee and Serge Storm.

:)

Chrissy

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also the beaches are amazing, we have great seafood, and we are generally so laid back that you'd think we were all stoned.... :D

(Thanks Williebee)

dfwtinman

Cubic Zirconia in the rough
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Governor Signs Law That Accidentally Bans All Computers & Smartphones

...and in other news, the law's fine print contained a rider that approved same-sex unions.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Also the beaches are amazing, we have great seafood, and we are generally so laid back that you'd think we were all stoned.... :D

(Thanks Williebee)
Okay, your last post I agree with, but this one's over the top. Don't start promoting tourism, m'kay?

She was joking, folks. The beaches are hot, the ocean is full of sharks, the seafood kills people with allergies, the sand gets everywhere (and I do mean everywhere) and us old people are crappy drivers and get cranky if we don't eat dinner by 5. We're not all stoned because weed is horrendously expensive, and damned near everybody carries a gun. Some of us carry several. Stay home where you're safe. You'd miss all that snowy weather anyway.

Oh, and the crazies in Tallahassee are debating declaring open season on snowbirds, too.

...and I'm not gonna say a word about New York drivers.

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
ETA: and I see it all the time here on P&CE. Oh yeah, those TEXANS. Oh yeah, those NEW YORKERS. Or, Oh yeah, see that bill North Carolina/South Carolina/Virginia/Georgia/South Dakota/WHOTHEFUCKEVER just passed? "Those" people? Yeah those ... insert the fucking state, and make your blanket statements about the people in it.
Well said, Chrissy. Can I throw poor old Massachusetts on your list too? We up here in the People's Republic have been getting that crap for years too lol.
STOP it already. Address the ISSUE. Put aside the blanket judgments about the people in those states who actually LIVE there and might possibly be having to deal with all of the bullshit.

/rant

And this too. :)

Chrissy

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, your last post I agree with, but this one's over the top. Don't start promoting tourism, m'kay?

She was joking, folks. The beaches are hot.....<snip>

And by hot, he means HOT. :e2brows:
Well said, Chrissy. Can I throw poor old Massachusetts on your list too? We up here in the People's Republic have been getting that crap for years too lol
Hell yeah, absolutely. I was rummaging around in my mind for recent state "issues" on the forum. Thanks for the reminder. I'll happily include MA in my rant, and the evidence is RIGHT THERE folks, raburrell lives there. Hello??? She is awesome, and I'm quite certain she's not the only awesome one who happens to live there. :) :heart: :)

Last edited:

dfwtinman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And by hot, he means HOT. :e2brows:

Hell yeah, absolutely. I was rummaging around in my mind for recent state "issues" on the forum. Thanks for the reminder. I'll happily include MA in my rant, and the evidence is RIGHT THERE folks, raburrell lives there. Hello??? :) :heart: :)

What states do we hear from the least?

Indiana, Iowa, Idaho? (The "I's have it)

Wyoming? (Lowest population density in the lower 48)

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Arizona makes the stupidity hit list with regularity. The difference is that our politicians do it on purpose.

MM

Bookewyrme

Imagined half of it.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bookewyrme.straydreamers.com
*does the illegal-internet dance*

Honestly, Scott makes me so mad on such a regular basis. And he's such a two-faced shit on top of it. A few months ago he was on NPR promoting his new agenda, which sounded vaguely like he'd cribbed it from a Democratic platform. Most of that agenda is out the window by now, and I have to feel a bit like he was just trying to tell the 'silly li'l libruls' what they wanted to hear so he could get elected again. Rrrgh. Can't wait to get out of this state again. :|

...and in other news, the law's fine print contained a rider that approved same-sex unions.
Wait, is this true or was this a joke? Too tired and brain-fried to read the fine-print, but it would be veeery interesting if that was the case.

dfwtinman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwtinman

Wait, is this true or was this a joke? Too tired and brain-fried to read the fine-print, but it would be veeery interesting if that was the case.

This was a meager attempt at cross-thread humor based on the "accidental" quality of the conduct.

See: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273173