Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kitteh books:

Kiki's Delivery Service!!!
Gobbolino The Witch's Cat
Time Cat (cat doesn't die at the end)
Alice In Wonderland
Warriors books (haven't read them so don't know about cat death)
What's Michael? (these are really cute manga, not just for kids, about a cat who has charming misadventures doing kitty things around his house)
Highway Cats (so this is about sparkly kitten jesus, but it's not actually a religious book. More along the lines of Narnia. three sparkly kittens arrive on the roadside and help a grizzled pack of feral cats with their various feral catty problems.)
A Cricket In Times Square (my childhood obsession with this book knew no bounds!!)
Cat Pack series
and some of the Bunnicula books have cats

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
CatWings by Ursula K LeGuin!

I can't believe I didn't think of them sooner. A mother cat gives birth to kittens with wings. Very sweet books--and there are maybe 4 in the series.

DavidBrett

Alas, poor Yorick, he fed me 'nanas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidbrettandrews.wordpress.com
One more book for the cat list if it's not too late - The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents, by Terry Pratchett. It was his first Discworld book for children, and I loved it.

Hope that helps. And sorry for your loss.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I really, really hope it's a new book, but I'm afraid I'll be disappointed...

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No, not till the following day. Right? The countdown says 1 day, 7 hours.

Durmstrang kids! I want to read about them. A new school... :D

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
Probably not MG, but... did anyone see this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hers-offensive-publish.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Apparently Fergie (the Duchess of York, not the Blackeyed Pea) has written a kids' book about 9/11, and no one will publish it. I'm sitting here scratching my head, because of several things:

(1) the fact that she contacted all of THREE publishers

(2) and now she is being forced to put it on the internet (is someone holding a gun to her head?)

(3) the assertion that Americans are insulted by any sort of fiction about 9/11--huh?

But the most confusing thing is:

(4) I thought being a celebrity pretty much guaranteed someone would publish your children's book.

Guess it must be real-l-l-l-ly bad.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
(4) I thought being a celebrity pretty much guaranteed someone would publish your children's book.

Not if you are currently most famous for trying to sell access to the royal family...and got snubbed for the royal wedding because of it.

timp67

Guinea pig in the laboratory of God
Registered
Reaction score
Let's not rule out the possibility that it's reeaaallly bad. :)

Some people think writing a kids' book is such a cinch. Suckers!

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
She's published a book series before. I remember some helicopter character??? Maybe they didn't sell then, back when she had a better rep? So nobody wants to risk it now.

I love number 2) "being forced to put it on the internet." It reminds me of this guy I knew in college, who was an artist. He told me once he had to stop working, because his painting was too powerful. Why does she feel the need to share this story?

Last edited:

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Just for the info: She wrote the kids books 'Budgie the little Helicopter', which was also turned into a television show, around 30/40 if memory serves me. Can't say if they were any good, never read any of them (or seen the tv show).

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Cool beans...my agent, Kathleen Rushall, was just revealed as the July Mystery Agent over on Operation Awesome. I posted a link on my blog (as well as links to other interviews with her). http://readatouille.blogspot.com/2011/07/oas-mystery-agent-kathleen-rushall.html

I entered that contest, but didn't win. Being a glutton for punishment, I sent off a query to her, too. Her profile mentions that she likes "MG boy books," so I thought she must like "MG boy books with minions."

I didn't know she was your agent Ruth. She sounds great, from what I've read.

Good luck Sissy!