Free promo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant99

Registered
Reaction score
Hi folks, in case anyone is interested, this author will be doing a free promo for anyone with a book or work in progress. She's a published author and has a blog called "Authors to Watch". Worth a look if anyone needs free publicity.

airce78

Registered
Reaction score
Awesome :) I passed that on to my friend who is an author. Thank you.

merrihiatt

Writing! Writing! Writing!
Absolute Sage
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
merrihiatt.com
According to the first link you posted, the author will promote anyone's book who submits it to her. Does she actually read the books? If she basically highlights every book that comes to her, I'm not sure how that's any more helpful that just browsing Amazon listings in specific categories. How will people find her blog in the first place? I guess I don't understand what an author has to gain by sending her their book information.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
1) There's very little point promoting works in progress. Wait until the book is published, or at least completed.

2) As Merri has already said, how is this blog going to be discovered by our potential readers, and what value will this endorsement provide when the book hasn't already been read?

3) The blog you link to doesn't look very impressive, and the author link you provide won't work for me.

I don't see value here.

Status
Not open for further replies.