• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Nelson Literary Agency, LLC (Kristin Nelson)

Panican

Friend of a friend
Registered
Reaction score
A friend of a friend queried by email just a few days back, synopsis pasted in, and received his rejection less than two days later. At least at this layer the filtering process was super fast.

qdsb

Cynical Idealist
Registered
Reaction score
Hello again! Well, still haven't heard anything after about sixty days, so I think I'm going to resubmit on Monday. Hopefully that's not the wrong thing to do, but if anyone thinks it is, well I'm all ears. Thank you!

Are you waiting for a query response or a partial/full response? If you haven't heard back on a query, 1) check your spam folder and 2) re-query.

If you're waiting for a response on a partial/full, you can probably send a nudge e-mail just confirming they got it.

Their policy is to respond, even if only with a form rejection.

jeff--congrats on the full request. They requested a partial from me earlier this month. Squee!

ChelseaWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Adding my stats...women's commercial fiction:

Equery: 5/12
Request for 30pgs: 6/14
Request for FULL(!): 6/29

Let the hand wringing and nail biting begin! ;)

ChelseaWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Update: Got a rejection on the full just now. Nice tone, seemed more personal than form, but I think she only read a few chapters. Which is totally fine. I'm just sad that an awesome agent passed.

Best of luck to those with partials or fulls out to her!

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
Just got a request from Sara Megibow for my middle grade contemporary! I'm thrilled, since it's quiet literary, and I didn't know how my query would do with agents who don't look at sample pages. Also cause she's awesome. :)

Dave Veri

Registered
Reaction score
Kristin Nelson / Sara Megibow

Got a request for a partial today. There's probably not a NYC agent in the office this week because of that horrible storm, but in Denver . . .
Fingers crossed.

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com
I queried on Oct 27 and their website says:

I check my spam folder all the time (holds emails for 30 days) and have nothing from them.

Should I query again?

Thanks.

I personally think you should wait until it's been a full month (so until November 27th). You could wait a full six to eight weeks just to be extra sure, but it's up to you.

Good luck!

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
Query: 11/8
Partial request: 11/14

I am cautiously excited! This is a revision of a manuscript that they previously rejected at the partial stage as well, so this could very well go the same way. In any case, it's flattering to get a second look.

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com
Query: 11/8
Partial request: 11/14

I am cautiously excited! This is a revision of a manuscript that they previously rejected at the partial stage as well, so this could very well go the same way. In any case, it's flattering to get a second look.

That's awesome news Beckstah! Good luck!!!

Hummingbird1

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck Beckstah!!!

Here are my current stats for Kristin Nelson:

Query: 9/10
Partial Request: 9/13
Full Request (!) : 10/1

*resumes biting nails* *tries not to lose hope*

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
AAAAAAH HUMMINGBIRD THAT'S AMAZING!

*ahem* Sorry. I all-caps when I'm excited. :D

Best of luck!

Hummingbird1

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so much Beckstah!!! And a big ALL CAPS YAY for your partial request! To get a second look is so awesome!! (Uh-oh, I'm so excited I can't stop using exclamation marks) Best, best, best of luck :D

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Got a very nice R. from Kristin:

After a careful reading, we are sorry to say that we don't believe this project is right for our agency. However, Kristin would like to add this note: "Thank you for sharing your work with me. You have a wonderful background and this is a fascinating story--both in its unique historical setting and the plot. I just didn't find myself connecting with it on that gut level that means I'm the right agent to champion it for you. I'm sorry not to have better news. Best wishes for your agent search!"

I didn't really expect her to take me on; the book is nothing like anything she reps, but she recently mentioned that she's looking for stuff that sounds it could be in this direction. And you never know. She is so enthusiastic about the little gems she finds. I thought just maybe.... It's might hit the spot. So... Next, please! :)

Anna L.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annafrost.ca
Query: Jan 6
Partial: Jan 11
Full: Jan 12
Rejection: Jan 18

Since this novel has changed a great deal since they've seen it, and since the revisions done address most of the issues they listed in the rejection, I figured I'd ask if they'd like to see the new version.

Re-query: November 23
Partial: November 27
Full: December 7

I understand that today was their last business day before the holidays, so I'm unlikely to hear until January.

MaraudingDon

Searching for Arthur
Registered
Reaction score
Website
musingsofapennilesswriter.blogspot.com.au
Since this novel has changed a great deal since they've seen it, and since the revisions done address most of the issues they listed in the rejection, I figured I'd ask if they'd like to see the new version.

I understand that today was their last business day before the holidays, so I'm unlikely to hear until January.

That is hard work and perseverance. Good luck, Anna.

Anna L.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annafrost.ca

Rejection: Jan 15

Says it was a close one, would look at my next work if I'm still unagented by then. Very kind rejection, but crushing all the same.

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
So sorry, Anna ): It's painful to get so close, but it usually does mean it's just a matter of time. Good luck!!