• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Deseret Book Co. / Shadow Mountain Publishing

K. Victoria Chase

Registered
Reaction score
Website
torilounge.blogspot.com
Here's what others may expect:

"We are always pleased to see new ideas, and we have now completed our review of this material. I discussed your manuscript with several people within the publishing department, including our Product Manager over the Proper Romance genre. It is obvious that you have invested a considerable amount of time and energy into this project. Our publishing schedule is quite competitive, however, and as we look carefully at all the issues involved in publication, we are forced to be extremely selective in our publishing decisions. I am sorry to inform you that we are not in a position to pursue this project with you. While we enjoyed the concept of your story, we didn’t feel it was the best fit for us. Unfortunately, the demands of our editorial workload prevent us from sending detailed comments about your work."

Hope this helps!

LMT

Registered
Reaction score
I subbed about a month ago and the auto-repsponse said they would get back in 12 weeks. Does anyone have recent experience with Shadow Mountain?

MorganS

Am I there yet?
Registered
Reaction score
I had my agent submit to them last summer and they got back to me with a no about a month later. Now I've decided to submit to them on my own with a new book. Queried on June 8th. I'm sure I've got a wait ahead of me… but I LOVE the books this publisher distributes. :)

MorganS

Am I there yet?
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a little disappointed with the communication at Shadow Mountain. They've always been at the top of my list, and when I received interest I was so excited! But I've since received two other offers of publication and after contacting them a couple times, they haven't responded to either my agent or me. I definitely understand if they're not interested, but they should at least acknowledge or reject, since there was initial interest. Oh well! Only so much time until contracts need to be signed and move on! And I suppose everyone communicates differently! :(

RunMomRun

Registered
Reaction score
Just FYI - I submitted a manuscript to Deseret Book back in May and my 12 weeks are up, however after inquiry they e-mailed me and let me know they have an unusually large number of manuscripts and are struggling to catch up. So anything recently submitted to them is delayed!