Full requested - quick question

Tburger

Wahoowa
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tcmccarthy.com
I just got my first ever request for a full, and so I wrote back and asked if I could take 2-3 weeks to go over my manuscript one last time. The agent wrote back and said sure, but the sooner I sent it the better. Did I make a mistake by asking for a couple of weeks? Too late now, but I hope I didn't just screw myself.

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry- its not like they are checking the mail every two minutes to see if its there yet- the agent I sent my full too has had it for 20 weeks and just started reading it- I sent it out the next day after she requested it.

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I kind of agree with OneTeam. Assuming your work is really good, it won't destroy you. However, requesting more time is somewhat unprofessional. It's only natural to think you would be completely prepared before sending out submissions for your work.

ORION

Sailed away years ago
Registered
Reaction score
Website
patriciawoodauthor.com
I agree. When you query you should be prepared to send it. What you may be having now is second thoughts - at any rate 2 to 3 weeks is a long time for a quick spell check/edit...

cate townsend

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Tburger. Now... send it out!!!

Your concept and writing has already hooked them. If you're still worried, send it out to that one agent and don't query any more until you feel you can submit it right away. There's enough waiting going on in this process. Why add to it?

Good luck.

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
/bootay shake!! t burger!

and no, i wouldnt' have asked. i doubt
they'd notice if two weeks went by anyway.

good luck!!!

GJB

Oh, what a ride
Registered
Reaction score
Whatever you do now, send it well before the 2-3 weeks have run. Will make you look responsive and someone who can meet a deadline. g.