Status
Not open for further replies.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Ooooooh...what or who do I have to sacrifice to make this start happening?

So, I'm thinking that you're not Satan as you would know what to sacrifice and possibly you would have a list in priority order.

If you are Satan, can you sell your soul to oneself? And is it possible to get behind oneself? There's an endless list of possibilities here.

Oh look, beer o'clock. :Thumbs:

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Rant incoming. Read at your own risk.

***Rant starts here***

I am so tired of the constant migraines. Since the start of the new year, I'm on my 23rd migraine today and I'm so freaking tired of it. I hate the pain, I hate that I have to continue working despite them, that I can't curl up and rest, I hate that I have to consider whether or not I can take meds (because yes, I need to finish work), I hate that nothing helps, that I tried everything but nothing helps. I hate that my GP made me go back on The Pill, risking gaining all the weight I painstakingly lost over the past years, because that was The Solution, but it's not. I hate that I can't do stuff because it'll result in migraines. I hate that the first time you cancel something because of your head, you get understanding, the second time you get, "...again?" and the third you get, "Sure. Whatever. Eff you." I hate that most of my days I'm just trying to get from one end of the work file to the other and trying not to think too much about the pain. I hate that I have nobody to take care of me when I'm incapacitated or at least make things easier.

But the thing I hate most? Is that they now think that the cause of my migraines is that I'm allergic to the one thing that keeps me going. Yes. My dogs.

BRB. Crying forever.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
So, I'm thinking that you're not Satan as you would know what to sacrifice and possibly you would have a list in priority order.

Good point. Of course, I wonder if the answers to these questions might be found in my user's manual. *glances at spiral-bound notebook, wreathed in brimstone smoke, with its cover made of shifting molten rock*

Nah, probably not.

If you are Satan, can you sell your soul to oneself? And is it possible to get behind oneself? There's an endless list of possibilities here.

Question: why would you want Satan behind you? Wouldn't you want to see what she's up to at all times?

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Question: why would you want Satan behind you? Wouldn't you want to see what she's up to at all times?

So, what's all that 'get thee behind me Satan' stuff about then?

OK, let's forget this for a second, 10s has a crisis.

:Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2:

Feeling for you 10s. Is there anyone handy who can help you out?

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
Ender's Game

It's been a crappy week, BUT did I just have a cool phone call at work? Yes, yes I did. And because my coworkers don't understand why this rules, I must share with the Cantina.

I work for a fancy pants housewares company. Modern design + shiny FTW. I head up the eCommerce and PR departments. Typically this is a lot of talking to bridal magazines and chatting with customers on Facebook and Twitter. Not a bad gig. :)

Today, however, I am putting together products for the set design of Ender's Game. The production company called and want to use our designs to furnish all the kitchens in the "new Harrison Ford movie." I had to point out it's based on the Orson Scott Card novel. I find this incredibly cool.

Now, if only I could wedge myself into the box heading to the film set...

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
That's not a rant, 10. These are valid complaints, and we are concerned for you.

Have they actually done allergy testing, or did someone just throw that out there as a possibility? Because maybe you're allergic to ineffective doctors, but until they test, there's no way to be sure.

:Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But the thing I hate most? Is that they now think that the cause of my migraines is that I'm allergic to the one thing that keeps me going. Yes. My dogs.

This may not seem like it at the moment. but if this is the case, it may be the light at the end of the tunnel. (Hear me out.)

If it's an allergy to your dogs, they ought to be able to give you something to treat the allergy. This is the case for a number of people who are allergic to cats or dogs yet still have pets.

Which raises the hope that if they treat the allergy, you will have less migraines. And get to keep your dogs.

:Hug2:

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net

BRB. Crying forever.

Have they actually done allergy tests yet? I'd ask them to look at foods first. I have the kind of food allergy that doesn't make you go to the ER, but causes severe pain. Doc said it can cause migraines, etc. too. I cut out the right stuff -- in my case, gluten -- and in a few weeks no more medicine, etc. I'd want them to run the full allergy panel, etc. before pointing it to your dogs.

Either way, :Hug2:

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This may not seem like it at the moment. but if this is the case, it may be the light at the end of the tunnel. (Hear me out.)

If it's an allergy to your dogs, they ought to be able to give you something to treat the allergy. This is the case for a number of people who are allergic to cats or dogs yet still have pets.

Which raises the hope that if they treat the allergy, you will have less migraines. And get to keep your dogs.

Yeah, that would be pretty cool. Except that the first order of business here is ridding someone's house of the offending pet, and only if someone can't avoid animals because of their job or a similar reason, they throw meds at the problem. In other words, I very likely won't be getting meds. But I sure as hell won't give up my dogs.

Have they actually done allergy tests yet? I'd ask them to look at foods first. I have the kind of food allergy that doesn't make you go to the ER, but causes severe pain. Doc said it can cause migraines, etc. too. I cut out the right stuff -- in my case, gluten -- and in a few weeks no more medicine, etc. I'd want them to run the full allergy panel, etc. before pointing it to your dogs.

Either way, :Hug2:

I haven't gotten the animal allergy tests yet. I had the food tests a while ago and I'm not allergic to any food. My GP believes that it might be the dogs because we've discovered (reluctantly, in my case) that my migraines started when I got my first dog, intensified when I got two and are intensifying again lately, which coincides with Timmy's skin issue (lots of flaking) and my dogs settling on my lap/right next to me more often instead of their beds on the other side of the room. Also, my nose is stuffed pretty much all the time and my eyes burn/water a lot too. Which points to an inhalation allergy, which points to mah pups :(

I'm going to let them run the full panel, though.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
10s - Sorry about the head-bone.

CAM - Ender's Game FTW. What Bos said, take us with you.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
I understand you on just so many levels.

Ok, so I need help hugging 10s here.

Me, too - even if I don't teach.

Also, *helps with hugging 10s*. I'm good at hugs, being quite squishy and with longer than average arms. (Luckily men's shirts cost less than women's! Muahahaha!)

I suffer from sinus headaches a lot due to allergies, but not NEARLY as much since I started taking daily allergy pills (I do have to swap active ingredients every year or so because they stop working) and a couple of sniffs of a steroid nasal spray (beclometasone; Beconase is the OTC version). I do have to take them every day, but it's helped so much. I am allergic to everything, though - like right now, my allergies are killing me because the snowdrops have started blooming. Anyway, even if you are allergic, there are ways and means to help. If I wasn't taking the allergy meds I take, I wouldn't have any cats! Don't despair. Maybe you can get something that will help. :)

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds terrible, 10. But like other folks have said, don't despair. I take daily allergy meds and they don't make me feel weird or anything like that. I've been on one type of daily allergy med or another for nearly a decade. No idea if mine are from pollen and such or my cats (probably both), but I don't have issues as long as I take my zyrtec. And how awesome would it be if this solved your problem? :Hug2:

Also, this is probably something you've checked, but I thought I'd throw this out there since it was such a problem for me. Do you get your eyesight checked regularly? After my eye surgery I couldn't wear glasses or anything for several months, because my vision was still changing. I had *such* a big migraine problem from that. Just an idea.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Today, however, I am putting together products for the set design of Ender's Game. The production company called and want to use our designs to furnish all the kitchens in the "new Harrison Ford movie." I had to point out it's based on the Orson Scott Card novel. I find this incredibly cool.

Now, if only I could wedge myself into the box heading to the film set...

Your job is officially eleventy billion times mo' better than mine. :D

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
I hate the pill. It screwed me up big time.

I know my hormones are all out of whack since I had my third, but I know if I mention it to the doctor, she'll want to prescribe The Pill for my issues. I don't even want to bother bringing it up.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Rant incoming. Read at your own risk.

***Rant starts here***

I am so tired of the constant migraines. Since the start of the new year, I'm on my 23rd migraine today and I'm so freaking tired of it. I hate the pain, I hate that I have to continue working despite them, that I can't curl up and rest, I hate that I have to consider whether or not I can take meds (because yes, I need to finish work), I hate that nothing helps, that I tried everything but nothing helps. I hate that my GP made me go back on The Pill, risking gaining all the weight I painstakingly lost over the past years, because that was The Solution, but it's not. I hate that I can't do stuff because it'll result in migraines. I hate that the first time you cancel something because of your head, you get understanding, the second time you get, "...again?" and the third you get, "Sure. Whatever. Eff you." I hate that most of my days I'm just trying to get from one end of the work file to the other and trying not to think too much about the pain. I hate that I have nobody to take care of me when I'm incapacitated or at least make things easier.

BRB. Crying forever.

oH NO!!

I hope you are not allergic to your babies.
Do you drink lots of caffeine? My sister has terrible migraines when she drinks caffeine. My parents have quite burning candles because of migraines. Me, I have to watch my stress levels and make sure I drink plenty of water.
So sorry that this is so difficult for you. I completely understand. But if it is allergies, wouldn't allergy meds help? is that an option?
What about other causes? building materials in your house, certain scents in the office, heck even the lighting might be a cause.
*hopes it all gets figured out soon*
Hugs

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
HUMP DAYS SECOND RANT:

OMFG raised to the entire pantheon. Why does my job suck so much? Why is t that when I have a headache, shit has to go to hell? Why is it that when shit goes to hell, and my headache is worse by the minute, I have to listen to all this bullshit about who is to blame for shit being fked up?!? Seriously- Person A was glossing over this Big Issue that is clearly her team's fault, then randomly concluding that issue two, which is similar to issue one, MUST be my team's fault, without any basis for this or rationale, AND disregarding the fact that her team is ultimately responsible for when The Shit Doth Stink and if you bring in problems, You Will Have Problems.

Now I have even more work tomorrow, am behind a little from today, and will have to be very precise in documenting how their shit went wrong.

:gaah:gaah:gaah:gaah:gaah:gaah

Thank gods one of my books came in the mail today. Reading will commence when the headache fades.

What Bos said basically. Aside from basic and hopefully OTC there meds, you can bathe your dogs often with a gentle shampoo designed for up to daily use like an oatmeal based one. Get an air filter. Don't let them on your bed or in your bedroom even, and vaccuum and such often. If they go on the couch get a ton of cheap sheets, cover couch, change sheets often. Read up on controlling pet allergies in the home. Vets are also concerned with this since we dont want folks to gice up their pets if preventable, so theres lots of articles out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.