A Life of Crime and Chocolate

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Aw. :Hug2: Not something you could fake, then? :tongue

You have the castle job, don't you? Or do you need something else, too?

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Aw. :Hug2: Not something you could fake, then? :tongue

You have the castle job, don't you? Or do you need something else, too?

Yeah, I have the castle one but I could use a day job as well. She was very nice and offered to keep my CV on record, but I've learned that's pretty much a form rejection.

But I found a thing called a Corny Bar (insert joke here), dark chocolate and cherry flavour cereal bar, which is pretty much identical to a limited edition one Jordans brought out last year then discontinued, which I loved, so today is not so bad. :)

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Have you tried Green and Blacks cherry chocolate? It is wonderful and delicious and I might now have to go out and get some ...

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Once upon a time, Larry and Tom got together at the bar for happy hour. :e2drunk:

After a little too much to drink, they started getting some less than good ideas. :e2seesaw:

Larry started egging Tom on, saying Tom wasn't as bad-ass as Antonio Banderas in Desperado. :guns:

Tom said, "Antonio Banderas? Dude, I'm more bad-ass than Mr. and Mrs. Smith!" :guns: :guns:

"Prove it," said Larry, who was trying to act all Keanu-Matrix cool. :cool:

Tom stumbled to his feet and yelled something about how he was so bad-ass he could take out everyone in the bar. He then started a horrible imitation of kung fu. Tom thought he looked like this: :e2fight: But eyewitnesses say it was more like this: :pinata

One unfortunately well-aimed flail landed on a gnarly guy who was not amused. :troll

The bartender and waitstaff also got mad because Tom was wrecking the place. :mad:

Larry decided to pretend he didn't know Tom. :e2shrug:

After Tom broke the bar's last bottle of beer, everyone rose up against him. Even Larry. :mob

Tom hid. :chair

But that did him no good, and today he's full of remorse. He's also been charged with destruction of private property and causing a public disturbance. :e2beat:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:Hail: You should be a writer-person or something.

So what happened when Tom's wife had to bail Tom out of jail?!

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you. :) Now we have crime well-represented. Incidentally, Tom bought his wife some chocolate to make up for his criminal infractions. He did not, however, buy enough.

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Nice one Namatu! Did Tom's wife kill him with a chocolate hammer? Did she then eat the murder weapon? Or did she melt it down and make it into a hot chocolate drink which she served to the investigating police?

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Hm. Good questions, but there are no truly applicable smileys with which I can answer. We do not have a chocolate smiley! That's criminal.

tarak

for certain qualities of "sane"
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Central Pennsylvania - the gateway to Harrisburg
A friend of mine living in Berlin for a while sent me a huge box of chocolates. It was amazing.

Namatu, I bow to your tale of crime and chocolate. We have trick or treat tonight (because central Pennsylvania is just bizarre and most boroughs don't allow it on actual Halloween). Unfortunately, any crime will likely involve my kids fighting over the spoils, which is more cringe-worthy than anything.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I survived yesterday!!!!!!!

It was our school carnival. I organized the boy-child's class. Half my volunteers were either late or no-shows. Hubby had to work, so my kids roamed free. We were all exhausted by the end and I was ready to :sword someone, but it's OVER.

Also, I bought three bags of vegan chocolate chips from Whole Foods. My life, it is complete. :Sun:

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
HJ - are you going to bake with the chocolate chips or just eat them? (as I tend to do :) )

I also survived today! Was supposed to do my final test for the guiding job, which I was dreading, but got a text just as I got to the Old Town Square to say she was happy with the report my trainer gave, so I didn't need to do the test, just sign contracts.

To celebrate I went to ChocoStory, the Museum of Chocolate, or to the shop attached to it at least. Am happy.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, hj, on surviving the carnival! and to Zelenka, for being so awesome she need not take the test. :D

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations to HJ and Zelenka. I survived being stupid and going into town on market day. Traffic jams and more traffic jams. However, I got the two most important things on my shopping list - chocolate and wine. :snoopy:

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
Once upon a time, Larry and Tom got together at the bar for happy hour. :e2drunk:

After a little too much to drink, they started getting some less than good ideas. :e2seesaw:

Larry started egging Tom on, saying Tom wasn't as bad-ass as Antonio Banderas in Desperado. :guns:

Tom said, "Antonio Banderas? Dude, I'm more bad-ass than Mr. and Mrs. Smith!" :guns: :guns:

"Prove it," said Larry, who was trying to act all Keanu-Matrix cool. :cool:

Tom stumbled to his feet and yelled something about how he was so bad-ass he could take out everyone in the bar. He then started a horrible imitation of kung fu. Tom thought he looked like this: :e2fight: But eyewitnesses say it was more like this: :pinata

One unfortunately well-aimed flail landed on a gnarly guy who was not amused. :troll

The bartender and waitstaff also got mad because Tom was wrecking the place. :mad:

Larry decided to pretend he didn't know Tom. :e2shrug:

After Tom broke the bar's last bottle of beer, everyone rose up against him. Even Larry. :mob

Tom hid. :chair

But that did him no good, and today he's full of remorse. He's also been charged with destruction of private property and causing a public disturbance. :e2beat:

I think I saw the movie to this! :D

That was an excellent use of smileys!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
HJ - are you going to bake with the chocolate chips or just eat them? (as I tend to do :) )

I like to melt them down, sometimes with a little almond milk, and freeze them. There aren't very many vegan candy bars around, so I have to be creative. Also, every Saturday I make chocolate chip pancakes. Which my husband then slathers with real butter. :rant:

I also survived today! Was supposed to do my final test for the guiding job, which I was dreading, but got a text just as I got to the Old Town Square to say she was happy with the report my trainer gave, so I didn't need to do the test, just sign contracts.

Yay! Wonderful!

Congrats, hj, on surviving the carnival! and to Zelenka, for being so awesome she need not take the test. :D

Thank you! It was a close one. I will never understand why people volunteer to do things, and then don't do them. Or they stroll in 20 min. into a half hour shift. :Shrug: And guess who picks up the slack?

Congratulations to HJ and Zelenka. I survived being stupid and going into town on market day. Traffic jams and more traffic jams. However, I got the two most important things on my shopping list - chocolate and wine. :snoopy:

Then it was a good day, and not stupid at all. :D

Jilly McGilly

Crumpled!
Registered
Reaction score
I bought books today. 3 of 'em. Yay. I told myself I was just going to the bookstore to browse and let my little boy play with the train set. But that table of "buy 2, get the 3rd free" books beckoned. Good stuff, but they go to the bottom of my to-read pile! :)

Oh, and I was really good and only had a bite of my son's cupcake purchased from the adjoining coffee shop! Vanilla w/buttercream frosting. Yum!

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
I suppose it was a good day. Baked a huge loaf - it sort of took over the oven! But it tastes good.

I am going to a boot sale tomorrow with a friend. We have been doing them since September and somewhere there is a story line waiting to seep out. I have an image in my had of someone who has packed the boot up the night before and on arriving at the sale opens it up and finds a body in the boot. Or someone finds a body under the table they set up and left to go and get some tea. Any ideas would be welcome. Of course, chocolate must feature somewhere in the story. :)))

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
I bought books today. 3 of 'em. Yay. I told myself I was just going to the bookstore to browse and let my little boy play with the train set. But that table of "buy 2, get the 3rd free" books beckoned. Good stuff, but they go to the bottom of my to-read pile! :)

Oh, and I was really good and only had a bite of my son's cupcake purchased from the adjoining coffee shop! Vanilla w/buttercream frosting. Yum!

I always get into trouble when I go into a bookstore, especially B&N. Stopped in one last weekend, just to "look" and walked out $36.00 less in my checking! :eek:
(Actually that's better than I do when I go to Fry's Electronics.)

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I couldn't find a chocolate smiley but I found an Oreo.

oreo.gif

Does that count?

ETA: I found a Hersheys Kiss.
hersheyskiss.gif

Last edited: