• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need Betas for magic/war fantasy novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

COA
Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for beta readers to go through my WIP. The novel is more or less about a man who seeks revenge for the genocide against his people and his experiences. A lot of war, fighting, magic, and so forth.

They copy I'm willing to send is extremely rough. Little to no dialogues are included, and most things are described frankly. It is mostly the main plot story. Most of the world building is still being sorted out. Current body is around 25K+ words.

The title is: Children of Aether: Bloodlust

For the most part, im looking for people who can review the overall plot story and give me some feedback. Any form of suggestions, critiques, and edits would be great - I don't need anything too particularly detailed in form of feedback (nothing line-by-line for instance). Looking for suggestions on world building as well.

Contact me for more info:
email: [email protected]
AIM: dav9377
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dviz9377

Last edited:

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Hi David,

Since you have a rough unfinished draft, it might be helpful for potential beta readers to know what you hope to accomplish by having someone look at your work at this stage.

Welcome to AW!

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I suspect not many people will be interested in reading an extremely rough 25k draft with little/no dialogue. It sounds likely to be one huge chunk of telling that you haven't yet fleshed out with actual scenes and dialogue, and that's not attractive for a beta reader. Beta readers generally provide feedback on polished late drafts - we're one of the last steps before submitting to an agent, ideally.

If your extremely rough draft is readable and enjoyable, you could post an excerpt in this thread to demonstrate. Or if you're only really looking for plot feedback, try posting your plot in the Sandbox forum.

[email protected]

COA
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Para. I figured I'd bring it here since It was a lot longer and more detailed than most of the pieces in sandbox, but i will try there.

Status
Not open for further replies.