Paralyzed Saudi man's plead for a visit becomes the most retweet thing in Saudi history.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
And now for a bit of good, heartwarming news:

For Ibrahim, life was bleak.

Bedbound and paralyzed as the result of a car accident over half a year ago, he had not had a visitor from his family in months and was in desperate need of life-changing surgery that the Saudi Arabian could not afford.

Alone and isolated, there was not too much joy in Ibrahim’s life.

That was until he posted a tweet aimed at encouraging one of the few followers he had to come and visit as he lay paralysed in his bed.

With his tweet he hoped that at least one sympathetic person might hear his call and provide some much craved company for him.

What he did not expect was the social media storm that it would create.

Within one day Ibrahim’s tweet became the most retweeted message in Saudi Arabia’s Twitter history.

The hashtag #VisitIbrahim circulated through social media circles and within just 24 hours it had been retweeted over 200,000 times.

Not only that, but Ibrahim got a lot more than he bargained for when hundreds of people from all over Saudi Arabia came to visit him.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...in-saudi-arabian-twitter-history-9385715.html

Once!

Still confused by shoelaces
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.will-once.com
I like to think that people want to care ... they sometimes don't know how to. And perhaps that is because sometimes we are all afraid to ask.

For me one of the most powerful scenes in cinema is the end of "It's a Wonderful Life" when everyone helps George. But the most powerful and important character was really his wife because she had the courage to ask for help.

I can't watch that scene without blubbing like a babe or a novice chef chopping onions.

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
I like to think that people want to care ... they sometimes don't know how to. And perhaps that is because sometimes we are all afraid to ask.

For me one of the most powerful scenes in cinema is the end of "It's a Wonderful Life" when everyone helps George. But the most powerful and important character was really his wife because she had the courage to ask for help.

I can't watch that scene without blubbing like a babe or a novice chef chopping onions.

One of Spielberg's all-time favorites. :)