How Long To Write 50,000 words?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.AshleenOGaea.com
Merry hi! Gosh, this thread's gotten kind of testy, hasn't it? Back to the original question, how long it should take to write 50,000 words .... Steven, you said you could write as many as 2000 words/day, but know you won't. One way to figure out how long it will take to write 50,000 words is to divide the number of words you will write a day into the 50,000 and see how many days that gives you. If you'll write 1000 words/day, then 3 months is a reasonable goal.

I don't know your writing schedule or style, but you did say you were doing a series of articles. Would it make more sense to set you goal in terms of taking a week to finish one article, two weeks for one that involves more complex ideas or research, and so on?

I find that self-imposed deadlines, while they are a particular joy to meet, are also the easiest to postpone when something else comes up. Maybe you should sign a contract with yourself and satisfy its terms before you give yourself access to your advances.
biggrin.gif

If you and Brandi become writing buddies, I wish you luck. Let us know if that "race each other" idea works.

Blessings,
Ashleen

Status
Not open for further replies.