The Sparkly Side of Life

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
That's a lovely little story. :)

Seems you've got a good man, there. And good on you for all the work you're putting in for your own self. :Thumbs:

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
:welcome: O.M.!

*takes notes*

Sr. Esteban called me way-hours before usual to ask what I want for dinner tonight (tomato soup & grilled cheese)...I'm so gonna pull that growly, hand-that-feeds-me kissing bit.

:D

*rehearses*

Ona Mission

A Bit Squirrelly
Registered
Reaction score
Website
onanewmission.wordpress.com
lol...he's not usually good like that so it made it that much sweeter. Usually I have to *tell* him what he's supposed to be doing to make me shiver. Last night it was over the food...but it worked! ;)

lastlittlebird

avem narrans
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lastlittlebird.blogspot.com
OK I got one. I'm in a teaching course right now and have been a student teacher with a class (new entrants level, so five years old).

The kids were learning how to identify shapes and we gave them loops of string to try and make their own shapes.
One of the more excitable students called out to me across the room "Lastlittlebird, come!" and I was trying to explain that we don't shout and demand things like that.... when he said "but I made you a love heart."
He had made his bit of string into a little heart shape.
Very difficult to keep lecturing him after that...

positivePXL

Registered
Reaction score
The world is a beautiful place isn't it? We live, experiencing our mortal lives, never alone. What would you do, if all you could do, was think? What if we gave an immortal object the ability to think? Lets give a wrought iron bench, placed in a park, 200 years ago, the ability to speak, If he could read every newspaper, and hear every argument around him. If we told him to speak, do you think he would tell us about war, hardship, or even death? I believe the bench would tell us about the trees; how every year, no matter how hard things seemed around him, the trees would always transform into beautiful shades of orange and crimson. Then how how the trees would always shed their vivid layers, letting them fall and cover his tattered and rusted frame, making him beautiful, once again. I believe that he would tell us about a marriage that occurred just a few feet away, on the paved asphalt that laid before him, then how that same women returned, 3 years later, and gave birth, right in his arms.

What would you say, if all you could do, was think?

Poetry by positivePXL [+PXL]

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for starting this thread, SaraP. I hope the world looks beautiful to you today. It does me, so thank you Poet for booting this thread up into the present--and wishes that you are a happy guy today.

All most of us need is just a little bit of a reason, a glimpse of something positive to allow us to dump the "ugly glasses" and see things from a new and more appreciative perspective. I definitely haven't always been able to see the positive side of things, but I have always been amazed by how little it takes to set me straight.

--A beautiful, sunny, mild day in So Cal.
--The kids from the local school who glide past my office window on their way to and from their lunch everyday with a fresh, hopeful perspective that's palpable and contagious
--A talented, lovely daughter of my own whom if I'd been able to design one myself, my imagination never could have come up with what she has always been so effortlessly
--A loving wife whom I love more every day and who keeps me on my toes with her perpetual personal growth, and who though not unmindful of my plentiful faults, puts up with me anyway
--friends I've met recently, on this forum or in my non-virtual life who have already enriched my life, and the loyalty of friends I've had since grade school and HS with whom I'm still in touch and in fact grow closer to every year though not a single one is in my part of the country
--My brother, who though 3,000 miles away remains my best friend

Life is good lately, and I'm a loving guy again. And I am very grateful.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Just have to add that I know how nauseating the above post can read to someone who's not in a good place at the moment. I've been there so many times I can't count that high. Even recently I have.

But if you can change one thing you might be able to see some daylight, get some traction and some momentum and put some distance between yourself and your low point.

I had to add this to what could have read as pollyanna-ish. I've been more often accused of negativity, and so I know what it's like to roll your eyes at something like that when you just ain't feeling it.

Rotes

Crazy Opossum Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Rejoice, filthy night-sleepers.
I have slain the biochemistry exam.

Last edited:

positivePXL

Registered
Reaction score
Hey. Thanks positivePXL for resurrecting this old thread. I'd never seen it before.

Saw it in the OP's signature, figured it wouldn't hurt to try and be a little happier, and then I remembered that I had written that poem not too long ago, decided to post it. I have another poem I wrote even longer ago, but its on the opposite end of the spectrum. I didn't even know how dark I could be before I wrote that... Dear <insert deity here>, what have I done...

positivePXL [+PXL]

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
Isn't that why they won? ;)

Goodness, I hadn't realized this thread had been dead for so long.

Let's see... today, I got to remember, again, how much I love hearing my children laugh, and how privileged I feel to be able to provoke it. They're 9 and 12, and sometimes I get deathly glares and "I hate you's" over my puns, but it's still worth it when afterwards they smirk because they did find it funny. :)

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
And then, yesterday, the Giants won AGAIN. And then the Warriors beat the Pelicans. Today, I'm all ashimmer.

AND I am almost to those magic words: The End. Of course that means End of First Draft (EOFD), but I may end the day looking like a sparkler. :D

P.S. I love puns. Always have.

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
My eldest was found today with a pen in his hand writing on the walls. Very naughty. But it was the airing cupboard and he justified it as a sign that read 'no monsters allowed' so
that any monsters in the cupboard know not to come in to the bedroom.