zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
The thing is if I hold the bad eye closed, my left eye goes all spastic because it is the weaker eye and can't handle doing everything.

Aw man, that sucks the farm right down to the very last piglet. Have they given you any sense of when the eye will be goop-free?

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
In other news, it appears we have finally reached agreement on the house which, yes, includes fixing the electrical system.
:e2thud:

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I've had moments where I stop dead in my tracks and would swear blind that I am reliving the same moment. My theory (and one which the folks on this thread, particularly, will like) is that we aren't somehow glimpsing the future, but are somehow tapping into other versions of ourselves - skipping across the multiverse for a moment before landing back where we are meant to be.

I would go for that. It seems more intuitive than anything else I've heard, but I'm in this thread so may have certain biases.

I was worried that fundamental rules of the universe were changing on me. That would be...uncomfortable...but if it is just glimpses into an alternate universe, or even switching universes, I could deal. Instability of fundamental laws of reality is not a good thing. But me switching into different rules systems is explainable.

oh, well, I know that....

I just wonder if your ability to sense the multiverse fades as you age*
*notice I didn't say "mature" - that will never happen

I don't think it fades, I think that as you accumulate more of these experiences, they tend to stand out less and less, until they are drowned out in the noise from all the others.

In other news, it appears we have finally reached agreement on the house which, yes, includes fixing the electrical system.
:e2thud:

Good. I am glad to hear that. I use way too much electricity to even think of having a worrisome electrical system. I was always blowing the breaker in the old apartment. It wasn't designed to have the TV computer, kitchen stove, washing machine and vaccuum cleaner going all at the same time. Basically, you could pick three and be ok.

No problem for a single guy, but with two people in the house, things became problematic.

ION: Mrs. Debio and I took the little one and went to our favorite Italian place for the first time in a year. It is a nice enough place that we didn't feel comfortable taking a little one who might decide to do the scream and cry thing at any time.

He has been doing well in other places so we tried it. Went great. He was popular with the staff. And they remembered I like good cheeses and brought me a plate of cheeses on the house. We will have to go back.

This is one of those places that you always regret what you ordered when you go home. Because while it was delicious, what my wife ordered looked really really good, too. Which means I have to go back and order that next time. Then I'll regret that and have to repeat. He, the chef, probably does that on purpose. I'm sure of it.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Good morning cantinas :Sun:

deja vu? All the time
Funny bone? Always being whacked in this house. I think it may be proportional to the amount of renovation we are doing at the time.

Yay! For house sale.

Fen, I read the extended book study thread. I can't get the book. :cry:

I have to paint a fence panel today, which I don't want to because I want to write a story about a fridge. I am also up to the last two pages in my current writing notebook.

ION, I planted some carrot seed yesterday.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thats terrible about the book Ali. What about half.com?

And yay for carrots.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Hello friends!

Baby Kricket doesn't seem like he wants to sleep tonight. I guess I'll just stay up eat cookies and watch shows. :)

I think the funny bone thing goes away as we get older because our bodies stop growing so fast so we're more aware of where our elbows are.

And come to think of it I haven't had dejavu in a while either. I used to get it a lot but about really insignificant things. If it is some kind of future seeing thing or even multiverse then my life is just really mundane.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think the funny bone thing goes away as we get older because our bodies stop growing so fast so we're more aware of where our elbows are.

Someone forgot to give my not-so-funny-bone the memo. I jammed that thing on the metal corner of an elevator last year. Whoo-boy, the asplosion of pain and smexiness was, in a word, "*$#@)!&*%!!!!!!-ing. Took a full day for it to feel normal again.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Someone forgot to give my not-so-funny-bone the memo. I jammed that thing on the metal corner of an elevator last year. Whoo-boy, the asplosion of pain and smexiness was, in a word, "*$#@)!&*%!!!!!!-ing. Took a full day for it to feel normal again.

Well I never said it goes away completely, just doesn't happen as often. But maybe that's just me.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well I never said it goes away completely, just doesn't happen as often. But maybe that's just me.

It makes total sense and it does seem to happen much less than when I was a kid. It was just that intense of an incident that it stayed with me all this time...

*shudders*

Last edited:

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee

:roll:

I'm finally on Summer vacation! The semester is over! Yay! :partyguy: I should probably be writing now. :D

Weirdly enough, I found something else about myself. I think I can only write a particular genre after I've recently read a book in that genre. Like, for example, if I wanted to write a romance story, I'd have to be reading/just read a romance in order to do it (to the point that I think its suitable). I'm thinking the same thing would happen if I tried to write a Fantasy after reading a Romance; it would come off kind of awkward and weird for a bit. You know, that probably explains why I had such a hard time writing the romantic parts of some of my UF stuff, and even better explains why I couldn't write a plain romance while reading/focusing on the UF books I had.

I really hope I'm not jinxing myself because I just started a 10K word story, and I'm already 3K into it. I'm doing good so far.

I'm debating whether or not to send out this short story that wrote for an anthology; I didn't end up sending the story to the anthology due to lack of time to clean it up a little better. On one hand, two people read it, and they told me it wasn't that bad. But I don't want to send out complete crap either; not that the story is complete crap, but it's definitely not one of my favorites that I've written. So, it's like....Eh.

Last edited:

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I am sorry. But I am a bit relieved to hear that any of you are experiencing this. Not that I am happy for your suffering, but that I have not somehow been transported to an alternate universe.

I have neurofibromatosis which creates lots of little and not so little benign tumors on my nerves, so I have at the moment, at least ten different spots on my body that function the same way as a funny bone. Whack them and the "#%"#&%'" words start coming out.

Except when little debio is the cause. In that case he gets set down very slowly and very carefully and I limp or crawl, depending on which spot, into another room to do the swearing. It's not his fault. So I guess for me I'm not doing the quick turn that usually causes that situation.

I guess I have learned to be more careful than usual and hadn't actually realized how much.

I was worried for a while. I couldn't remember actually seeing anyone do it in so long. I mean things add up. I could make a list, but that would mean that the people who put me in this alternate universe would be aware that I'm aware and may take steps to change it, and well, I kinda like it here.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
ok, I was wondering this just the other day... also - does deja vu also fade as you age? Because I can't remember the last time I had that happen, and it used to happen to me all the time.

Hasn't faded for me yet.

Deja vu has always weirded me out. It's such a strange feeling.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Debit had cursed us all! For the first time in decades, I whacked my funnybone this morning. Woe!

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I'm working from home this morning. And I'm actually doing work.

And guess what?

THE SUN ROOM REPAIR GUYS CAME!!!!!!! :e2thud: They're caulking it now.

I reported the issue just after Christmas, if yinz recall...

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
It's manageable. Looked at some stuff on Duotrope, really considering trying submitting to publishers first then magazines/websites after that, at least with Romance/Erotic Romance anyway. Most of the fantasy publishers I saw had a minimum of 20K. I don't really know if I write that much yet. So, I should probably look at some Fantasy places. Hmm, well, depending on the level of romance in it, I might be able to send to one of the romance publishers. Who knows?

Does anyone know of any Fantasy publishers/magazines that have a 3K to 10K word count? The 3K or 10K can be starting values, stopping values, or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.