Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Hi all!

I spent 8 hours in training, learning about supply chain optimization (which is what the company I work for does). Surprisingly, it was really cool. But I think that's because I like stats and problem solving and learning about new stuff.

So :Hug2:s to those that need them, and a big HUZZAH! To Bettie for the apartment procurement.

After work, I took a walk along the river (there's a walking trail) down toward the confluence of the Allegheny and Monongahela (aka, the Point), and then back. It was glorious.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone! hopefully my whinging and bitching will be less

I GOT THE APARTMENT

:yessmiley

Yaaaaaaayyy!! :D

Evening all. Easter break starts now, woohoo! Unfortunately Easter break will be full of wedding planning and awkward, tense meetings with the parentals but oh well...

Whut up?

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
I'm still a bit shaky on the whole easter/rabbit with eggs connection.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Evening all. Easter break starts now, woohoo! Unfortunately Easter break will be full of wedding planning and awkward, tense meetings with the parentals but oh well...

Mine shall be full of chocolate and grading, but I am on break, too.

Uni jobs are grand, aren't they?

:D

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just like the Easter bunny intended, that freaky bastid.

I'm less concerned about the Easter bunny and more focused on the Cadbury bunny.

Did you know they make chocolate Cadbury eggs now? I did not.

drool.gif

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Thank you all for the apartment congrats. I am very stoked. And relieved. And looking forward to actually seeing the real-for-true unit.

I'm still a bit shaky on the whole easter/rabbit with eggs connection.

I know all about this now, thanks to a newsletter from last year!!

You see, there is a bird that makes a nest on the ground similar to the nest a hare will make (this is in Europe, see) and people would find eggs in the nests and think they were the march hare, laying eggs! Plus, the Pagans were all into eggs and fertility and such.

You do know that Christianity basically snagged all the Pagan dates to ease folks into the new religion, yes? Sneaky!!

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
You see, there is a bird that makes a nest on the ground similar to the nest a hare will make (this is in Europe, see) and people would find eggs in the nests and think they were the march hare, laying eggs! Plus, the Pagans were all into eggs and fertility and such.

Where did the fake mustaches come from? The Pagans or the Christians?

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Pretty much all our holidays are Pagan, near as I can tell. But just try saying that in public. The :mob will burn you alive. What is it with :mob and fire. Clubs are very satisfying on a personal level.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm less concerned about the Easter bunny and more focused on the Cadbury bunny.

drool.gif

And caramel ones... ;)

You know what sucks? I've been in Japan too long. Sweets here are not nearly as sweet as in America. I can no longer eat the Cadbury eggs. They are so sweet they make me sick just smelling them.

This is from the guy who used to go to the mall just so he could eat those giant super sweet cinnamon roles, or whole boxes of cordial cherries in one sitting.

Hell, I can't even eat a snickers anymore.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com

You do know that Christianity basically snagged all the Pagan dates to ease folks into the new religion, yes? Sneaky!!

Well, in Easter's case, Christianity got the spring timing from the Jews, from Passover. (In fact, in non-Germanic languages, the name for Easter is some variant of Pesach, the Hebrew for Passover.)

The egg and bunny, yeah. Taken from the Pagans, 'cause it fit the whole resurrection thing. Though, in Eastern Christianity, the egg also goes with the legend of Mary Magdalene.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
You know what sucks? I've been in Japan too long. Sweets here are not nearly as sweet as in America. I can no longer eat the Cadbury eggs. They are so sweet they make me sick just smelling them.

This is from the guy who used to go to the mall just so he could eat those giant super sweet cinnamon roles, or whole boxes of cordial cherries in one sitting.

:O What has Japan done to you!?!

Honestly, you're probably better off. I did buy a Dove Easter bunny, but so much of that candy (like the Peeps) looks sickening.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

drool.gif

And if you lived in Middle Earth, sometimes known as New Zealand, you could have Cadbury eggs All. Year. Long.

Dude, make your own low sugar chocolates and desserts :) little Debio will be enthused.

Quigley! (said like "Khan!")

Then how do you get past the first syllable? :Huh:

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score

It balances out. You get Pocari Sweat, green tea Kit Kat, Gamera and a 1:1 scale Gundam standing vigil over the land. I'd say it's a fair trade off.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of Australia, and because I have mentioned my theory of how everything in that country is out to kill you, I offer this:

50842.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.