A Life of Crime and Chocolate

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Strange day. Cannot talk to anyone as I have misplaced my voice. Sigh . . . AW has been a refuge today.

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Strange day. Cannot talk to anyone as I have misplaced my voice. Sigh . . . AW has been a refuge today.

I hope you really feel better, Shakes. :Hug2:

--

Well, I got some work done. Thankful for that. That's some accomplishment, right? :ROFL:

Still trying to work on that whole "enjoying writing more and not taking too, too serious" (to the point where it isn't fun and enjoyable and all of that. I don't know if I'm getting closer or further away from being in a comfortable range. However, I am still doing the whole "writing for my own enjoyment first" thing. Which is good. (I don't writing and reading to be the only things I ever talk about now, do I? :tongue )

I don't know if I'm going to work on my WIPs yet. I probably should. But I want to go into them with a clear(er) mind and knowing that the story is first and foremost for me. So, I might end up writing a bit more fan fiction for a bit, in the time being at least until I feel back in my groove.

Other than that, today was relatively okay.

I do still have one or two more things I need to work on though.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sheesh, Shakes. That cold (weather and affliction) sounds awful. I hope you and HJ feel better soon. :Hug2:

Liz, I too lost a friend because she married a right pillock. She was a fun person before that, but she became quite weird after her wedding. :Shrug:

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Liz I also lost a friend because of the politically radical idiot she married. He took over her mind completely. Sad.

Thanks for the get well thoughts. Voice is slowly returning, but I feel wobbly. I also have bouts of sneezing... sigh... ah well, it is cold out side, I have books to read and AW to visit.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gotcha! You secretly write soapie scripts, don't you? :ROFL:

Darn it! I am unmasked!:eek: (Was it my copious use of exclamation marks that gave me away?)

Thanks, everyone. :) I'm still fighting it...

No! I don't think so. I was going to take the day off, just because, but there's much to do still.

HJ I hope you're feeling better soon. :Hug2: How did your Easter celebrations go?

It's Easter Monday here - a public holiday. Yay! Is it a public holiday where you are?

It is a public holiday in the UK - not sure about Northern Ireland though. I think this is the coldest Easter on record in the UK. Saturday it snowed and was bitterly cold. Yesterday there was some light snow in London - I know because it was trying to snow about an hour before The Boat Race started. I really felt for the Oxford cox as he was thrown into the Thames by his boat mates. He must have the record for the fastest exit from the Thames which must have been freezing.

I have a real old fashioned cold - sneezing, nose running and generally feeling blech! I have made a huge amount of broth and am waiting for the veggies in it to finish cooking before I can have some.

Yup, it was a public (bank) holiday here in the North of Ireland. I had a funeral yesterday and even the graveyard closed early!

Hope you're feeling better soon, shakes.:Hug2:

Get better, HJ. Almost there, 2 days until I buy my new game.

Whoo-hoo! Better keep writing Mr Mitchell because I doubt there will be much done when your game arrives.:D

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
We got Blake's MRI results today. Not good. Not good at all.

The tumor on T12 that we thought had dissapeared has come back with avengance. It was 9mm mow it's 2.5cm by 1.1cm, there is also a new legion in his brain it is 9mm.

If we dont do any treatment we have 6-12 months left with him. If we do experimental treatment we dont know how much it will lengthen this time, if at all. But it's worth a try. We start a year long treatment in 2 weeks. The treatment is NOT a cure. We have come to the end now. It's just a matter of prolonging it as much as possible

All I can say is SHIT and still cant help but ask why us. Thanks for all your wonderful support throughout our journey.

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, FM, this is terrible news. I can't begin to imagine how much pain you must be feeling right now. The absolute unfairness of it is off the scale!

Will this experimental treatment have nasty side-effects or is it just palliative?

:Hug2:At least, Blake knows that you'll always make the best decisions for him. :Hug2:

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Gail, he will get a little nauseous and his hair will thin, he may bet a little wobbly on his feet but thats about it.

The drugs themselves arent experimental, it's the combination of drugs thats the experiment.

It's buying time. Thats all it is.

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gail, he will get a little nauseous and his hair will thin, he may bet a little wobbly on his feet but thats about it.

The drugs themselves arent experimental, it's the combination of drugs thats the experiment.

It's buying time. Thats all it is.

This is so sad, it's beyond words. I know you were so happy about the results of his previous treatment - this must come as a dreadful shock. My heart goes out to you.

All I can say is that at least there is some time, sweetie. Try not to focus on the future too much. Take it one day at a time. You have today. What you do today, will matter. :Hug2:

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone I appreciate it.
Yes, lots of photos, and every picrure and colouring, every little thing that he makes is in a memory box. It's gonna get a whole lot bigger coz there aint nothing I'm throwing away.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
French, I have no idea what to say. (Even writers run out of words when something of this magnitude happens.)

Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and my prayers. I, and everyone, I'm sure, is here if you need to talk/rant/scream/cry. Just tell us what you need. :e2grouphu

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, French. :( I'm so, so, so sorry. Truly, there are no words. I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through. Please know that we're here, whatever you need. We love you, and Blake too.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
FM, is there anything we can do? Send him postcards from all over the world, or something simple, even? Just say the word, if there is, okay?

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
French, cannot believe it and don't know what to say. Just hugs, and like the others have said, if there's anything we can do you just have to say.

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Feel better soon Mr M.

Meh I've got conjunctivitis. Saw the doc on Wednesday and have eye drops. The good news is the cold I had at the start of the week has almost gone. Beginning to feel human again.

I have started to do the research I started last year for me WIP. Only . . . I've found another idea I started ages ago. I stop work in seven weeks time so I will have the time to do both WIP.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back osg. :hi:

Bummer on the conjunctivitis, shakes.

I think we all need chocolate - lots and lots of chocolate.:drool

Mr Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score
I'm slowly getting better... again. Hopefully it be my last time I'm ill for a while.

I guess that you will never know when you are ill.