Grandma Susie's House of FUNNERS 'N FLOOZIES (Volume III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I've only seen it once, but it's quite violent, in a supernatural sort of way.

The lead star in the movie died during filming. The movie's infamous for that fact, though I don't recall too much of the plot.

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
Aaaah yes, now I remember!!! The death of the star made world news. Soon after that, something else happened on the set, something bad but I don't remember what. I think the star who died was Bruce Lee's son or some famous martial arts guy or his relative or something.

I have no desire to watch this movie. My loathing for crows is rather intense so I'll skip it but thanks for the background info, Cliff!

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
Am I thinking Brandon Lee? He's become some kind of cult sensation since then, if I'm thinking of the same dude.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, we're having a stroll down morbid memory land?

There was that guy on the TV series Cover Up who killed himself with a prop gun. "Hey! Watch thi-."

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Oh, we're having a stroll down morbid memory land?

There was that guy on the TV series Cover Up who killed himself with a prop gun. "Hey! Watch thi-."

I remember that. Jon Erik Hexum. 26 years old.

And yes, I used the internet. I couldn't remember his name, but for some reason, I've always remembered his face. He was in all the teen magazines at the time I was reading teen magazines.

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
Still not convinced Heath Ledger was an accidental overdose. In Britain and most, maybe all, Commonwealth countries, the law allows for an open verdict. This is used as a last resort, when, despite all the evidence presented, the court still cannot pin the death on something conclusive. Keith Moon, drummer of The Who, was one such famous case. I think Natalie Wood's death, or any death under similar circumstances, would be an open verdict in similar courts.

US law seems to create a black-and-white answer even when cases are very clearly grey. Well, to me, based on the evidence reported, I cannot understand how the coroner can determine conclusively "accidental" in the deaths of Natalie wood and Heath Ledger.

Wow, morbid for a Sunday morning or Saturday night!!!

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
well, there are unsolved cases, and though they can be closed (as in - no longer actively being investigated) then they can be re-opened, as just recently happened with the Natalie Wood case. They had new evidence, or thought they did, reopened the case, and investigated.

As for Heath Ledger, I think they said it was more than just accidental overdose - that he combined substances that were prone to be fatal when mixed, that's why it was an accident. Or that is what I understand.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! Cliff's guitar sparkles and all the little smilies are moving around and having a party. They haven't moved for me in about a year, I'm so used to seeing them still that it's kind of freaky.

Now, I can go back through my reps and see what half of them little guys are actually doing. Which may not be a good thing.

Yay, for animation again!! I tripped over something in the browser trying to do something else and they all started working again. :D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

I had no idea why they stopped working. But I think they stopped about the time I updated my browser. Glad they're back to normal. :D My brother knows all about computers and he couldn't figure it out. :Shrug: Wait until I tell them that I fixed them. It was an accident, but still. I got 'em going again. :D

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
way2go, nighty. Some of the greatest inventions happened by accident! :) :Cake:s for you and all!

I prefer hamburgers :D

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mmmm I like messy hamburgers, like teriyaki burgers, western burgers, A-1 burgers...yumm

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
That movie "The Birds," was a horror at the time. Is that the one you meant, Cliff? Hope you all have a great day and no waking up by birds, hubby, children, etc. :D :Cake:s! :)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Mmmm I like messy hamburgers, like teriyaki burgers, western burgers, A-1 burgers...yumm

mmmmmmmmmmm.... you making me sooo hungry.

*looks down sadly at peanut butter and jelly sandwich*

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've seen both.

I sat down to edit today, did not get as far as opening the document. I find that now I have a deadline, I am procrastinating.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
We moved a carload of stuff round to the grandparents today. I'm still here, actually...

Their garage is PACKED with our stuff and their stuff...

Meanwhile, I just had fish and chips. I would've preferred chicken, but the store near here that sells chicken has closed down. :(

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
And, as per usual when on grandad's computer, he just walked into the room and stood looking at the screen for a few minutes... Nosy bugger.

I purposefully went to a part of AW that didn't have any of my own posts on it.

Is it weird that I want to separate my physical life from my internet life? Like, nobody in my family knows the name of this site (although they know I talk to writers quite often online) and certainly not my username...

Status
Not open for further replies.