It can't be just me......can it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branwyn

Print release:Sept.1,'09
Registered
Reaction score
Patience is not one of my virtues. That being said, I wonder are there others out there that are as anxious? I've sent out....many, many queries, yet I check my email and maybe I'll receive one or two replies. A few will want to see more but most are..'Sorry not for us.' 'This is a very subjective area, don't be discouraged'.....yada, yada, yada...

I feel like a thoroughbred straining to take off and run the Belmont! I gotta chill.

kdnxdr

One of the most important people in the world
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steadydrip.blogspot.com
LOL..........no, it's not just you.

I've been reading through alot of posts in AW...........takes time, years, zillions of rejections.....discipline, patience, commitment, ..................YIKES!!!!!

so, to keep myself going...........I just write.............and read...............and write and one of these days, who knows...........maybe I'll get something published.

keep on keeping on

kdnxdr

Branwyn

Print release:Sept.1,'09
Registered
Reaction score
I have written the next one....then I lost my sister to Breast cancer this past Aug. and I'm.....in a dry well spell. So I'm re-writing the second....making changes and starting a third which I want to incoperate Breast Cancer Awareness. (Mystery, characters go to a healing center....someone ends up missing)yada, yada, yada...great book:Clap:

hollywood

No, it is definitely not you. The same thing happened to me. I sent out numerous queries only to be rejected time after time. Only one magazine was interested in one of my ideas. That never panned out. I have gotten so bummed out over it.

I have sent out dozens of resumes to publishing companies and newspapers. I only got a few interviews. I thought I had a couple of jobs in the bag. Then the jobs went to candidates with more experience. It is maddening! How can I get experience if nobody will give me a chance?!

I am trying the internet route. I am trying to see if I can get a few things published somewhere/anywhere just to have something to show. I have tried to work for free at couple of start up magazines. It is difficult for me to meet the deadlines because I have two jobs. (I have to make a living doing something). Paying my bills comes first so the writing has to take a back seat at this point. If I could quit my jobs and just write, I would do it. That is not an option.

You do not even want to know how many times I have yelled and cried. Why did I take journalism classes in school? Why didn't I take something else? Why didn't anyone tell me it was going to be this hard? Then I have good days where I still hold on to hope. I am hoping that someday it WILL pay off.

Status
Not open for further replies.