Kindle Format SOS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2-D

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
My book is facing major kindle format issues and I've read a hundred tutorials and am still confused!
Details:
So right now I've copied pasted doc into 97-03 doc
Under paragraph tabs everything is 0, except first line is at 0.5 inch and spacing is double. times new roman 12.

I've saved to web filtered and uploaded but the format changed to single space without any page breaks or paragraph breaks at all on the kindle also the indentation is really huge.

What have I done wrong?

Thanks so much for your help!!

Last edited:

brianjanuary

Registered
Reaction score
If I understand your question correctly, you can't use tabs. You need to set up your paragraphs in the Format>Paragraph menu (Alignment, Indentation, Spacing, etc.). Do a search to learn how to set up Styles, and then you can easily format your titles, paragraphs, etc. For page breaks, you need to use Insert>Break>Page Breaks at the end of each chapter.

WeaselFire

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Grab the SmashWords style guide and the Kindle guides. They explain everything, though they do rely on you knowing how to use Word or write HTML.

Jeff

merrihiatt

Writing! Writing! Writing!
Absolute Sage
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
merrihiatt.com
Hi,
My book is facing major kindle format issues and I've read a hundred tutorials and am still confused!
Details:
So right now I've copied pasted doc into 97-03 doc
Under paragraph tabs everything is 0, except first line is at 0.5 inch and spacing is double. times new roman 12.

I've saved to web filtered and uploaded but the format changed to single space without any page breaks or paragraph breaks at all on the kindle also the indentation is really huge.

What have I done wrong?

Thanks so much for your help!!

I think the missing step is taking the web filtered document and uploading it to MobiPocket to create a .prc file. That is the document you upload to KDP or a Word document (I use MP, so upload the .prc file). It seems as if you're doing half and half.

I second the suggestion to use the Smashwords Style Guide (and it's free).

grizzletoad1

Plodding around into things.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I thought the spacing was supposed to be single spaced, not double spaced?

Status
Not open for further replies.