• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Paradigm Talent Agency

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
I sent a query back in April, and my notes say Jason should respond. I can't remember where I got that information, but the current website says they'll respond only if interested. I guess I'll treat this as a write-off for now, but leave it open for a bit.

whirlaway

Registered
Reaction score
I queried him on November 16th, 2011. Never got a response.

I queried him for a different novel on March 5th, 2013. Never got a response.

I remember reading somewhere that he always responds (can't remember where), but the evidence tells me he doesn't. Or else he's really, really slow on some of those queries.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
I'm beginning to think that, too. But I've had other queries disappear into cyber space, and when agents heard about it, they contacted me here to try again with another email address.

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Alyssa Reuben last October and never received a response.

Stytch

Registered
Reaction score
*pokes thread with stick* Anyone done anything recent here?

Fiender

Registered
Reaction score
So, looking up potential agents to query on query tracker, I come across Katelyn Dougherty at Paradigm Agency. I tried finding additional info about her on the Paradigm website to no avail. It seems Paradigm doesn't just work in literary but also music and film and finance and theater. When I click on their publishing section, I get a list of books, some of which are attached to big names. I noticed something a bit... odd in their about section.

"At Paradigm Publishing, we believe that an artist who is successful in reaching the public in one medium, should also reach an audience of dedicated readers through book publishing."

This... is an agency, right? Not a publisher? Are they trying to do both? I'm no industry expert, and I feel like I must be missing SOMETHING here, but everything I've read on these forums have taught me to be weary of that kind of thing. Not to mention, I just can't find information on their agents on their website. Their book submission page just offers a general submission option to this agency/publisher.

Their wikipedia article makes them seem like a big deal, and sure, I'll believe it. But without decent resources about the individual who would be representing by book, I don't feel a desire to submit to them. I've already made that decision. Mostly just posting to share my bafflement at their website. Both them calling themselves an agency and a publisher, combined with the lack of info on their actual agents, and yet the number of big names they have under their books.