Any good steampunk novels out there?

RoughDraft

Amateur Tale-Smith
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

For awhile now I've been a little curious about steampunk. Now I assume most of you know what steampunk is (probably better than I do) but for those who don't, picture something like "the future in the past" where most technology is steam-driven.

Now, I've been able to come across several dozen steampunk fashion sites, stumbled over a few steampunk bands and artists, but there is one thing I've never really been able to find.

Are there any good steampunk novels out there? The closest thing to a steampunk novel I've read would probably be China Mieville's Perdido Street Station and sequels. However, those are such an amalgam of genres it's kind of hard to narrow down.

I'd also be willing to take suggestions on any good steampunk movies, comics, manga or anime.

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Well aside from mine that comes out this December you mean ;) . . .

Here's a blog post of mine of recommended books that I basically stole (with permission) from the Steampunk Scholar. He's an amazing resource in general, you should check him out (I link to him in my post):

http://ididntchoosethis.blogspot.ca/2011/11/steampunk-tuesday-books.html

(oh and if you check out my sidebar of my blog and go to the Steampunk Tuesday category, I also have a list of Steampunk movies and interesting web videos etc)