Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
We're in the middle of a blizzard here.

I can no longer see the parking lot from my office window. I am NOT looking forward to the drive home.

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Whaaaat?? That's crazy, Myrea!

So, I had a spray tan today and really loved it, thought it looked so natural. My boys saw it and had nothing good to say. The term "Female Trump" got used few times, to my absolute horror. But I am not orange at all. Dorks.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, reppers!

Another hot day, though not as sweltering as yesterday. Things will cool down tomorrow.

Sorry, Lil. :Hug2: I have a diploma in horticulture, and I'm a stickler for using the right terminology. *hides*

How did I not know this? I too have a degree in horticulture. Well, horticultural technology, and it's from a technical school, not a university, but still. We are fellow plant geeks!

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
I really admire you both. I have what can only be described as a brown thumb. I kill anything I touch. But I do know the difference between a seed and a pit...I was just being silly.

It's very hot here and my air conditioner isn't working very well. It's 82 degrees INSIDE my house. Ugh.

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Ouch, Southy! *hugs carefully* I hope your shoulder improves a lot.

Myrea... Wha'? :Wha: It's the middle of May. You're not supposed to be having snow storms in the middle of MAY!

How did I not know this? I too have a degree in horticulture. Well, horticultural technology, and it's from a technical school, not a university, but still. We are fellow plant geeks!

Yeah, my diploma was from what they call a 'community college' in Canada - which is basically a tech school. I don't usually mention it because I never really worked in horticulture - only for a few months after I graduated. These days I mainly use my 'superior knowledge' to keep Mr C from killing the plants in the garden with kindness. lol

Morning all.

Whoever decided it was a good idea to send the street cleaner around at 7am (on a garbage collection day - so everyone's bins are lining the street) needs to be taken out and shot.

- - - Updated - - -

82 INSIDE is brutal, Lil. *fans you*

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, all. It's too early to be awake, but without working air conditioning, it's hard to sleep. As soon as the sun is up, I'll guy the maintenance guy. Needless to say, it was a long night.

Hello? Hello? Hello? Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me. Is there anyone at home? (Sing it with me now!)

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Hi, Lil. :hi:

I just got back home (been out for dinner again), but now I'm going to disappear back into my words. Sooo many words over the last week. Making the most of it while I can. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'll guy the maintenance guy.

I've always wanted to guy a maintenance guy.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Well, as long as I entertain you, I guess it's worth the embarrassment.

Not so horrible at the moment (it's 78 inside) but it's supposed to get very hot today so I need to get the damn thing fixed, pronto.

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
I was supposed to get my air-con fixed before last summer. It's winter in two weeks.

Oops.

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
I started reading through the beta project entries earlier, then realized it was going to suck up all my writing time tonight. :) I'm hoping I can find some downtime between patients tomorrow to read 'em all though.

Also, hi, Maggie. :hi:

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
So, I have a complaint about a friend. I'll call her Lucy. Lucy and I have been really close for ten years. Every summer we take our kids to the beach. Yesterday a mutual friend posted pics of her kids at the beach--with Lucy and her kids. I wasn't invited. I'm...floored. Now, Lucy's son and my son used to be best friends but recently Lucy's son has sort of dumped my son for the other woman's son. And I guess they got together and didn't want my son around as the third wheel. I am really hurt, both for me and for my son. When I confronted Lucy, she didn't say much, just that the beach had been fun and the water was warm. No explanation as to why we weren't invited.

And as I think about it, more and more we're being left out. This isn't the first time by any means. It's getting too obvious to ignore, however.

Now I'm not sure whether to keep pursuing the issue and ask her what the hell is going on? Or to just wash my hands of all of them. The problem is, I have very few local friends and my son has even fewer. I don't want to seem desperate to be included, but I wonder why we're suddenly being excluded. It's easy to say they are bad friends, who needs them, but the truth is, summer is coming and a great deal of our time is usually spent with Lucy and her family. She's supposed to be watching my son while I'm on my cruise. It's going to be a really lonely summer if we're excluded from everything. What do I do?

Last edited:

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Ugh, that sounds like an awful situation, Lil.

I honestly have no idea what the best course of action is. It's easy to write what to do, but in person I'm more of an avoid-conflict-at-all-cost, let-it-simmer-for-years, then-explode kind of zebra. You've already brought it up, so part of me thinks pushing the issue may cause more defensiveness/avoidance at Lucy's end. OTOH, you're understandably hurt (and concerned) and letting it fester probably won't end well either.

If it was a one-off, it'd be easier to write off as an oversight or a bit of thoughtlessness, but it sounds like this is repeated behaviour. Which is concerning. And also, can I just say for the record what a dick move on Lucy's part?

How good is the mutual friend who posted the pics? Like, would she realize how it'd hurt you, or would she be unaware? (Basically, is she someone you could use as a third-party sounding board about the situation?)

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
The other woman is clueless. She's just happy her son has found a best friend in Lucy's son. She's definitely unaware there's an issue here or she wouldn't have posted the pictures of their families together. Plus, she's an acquaintance more than a friend. She's not someone I would contact directly.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, there's been a lot of dick moves on Lucy's part lately. The reason I'm considering confronting her is because I think she thinks I started it. Like I've withdrawn a bit. And I have. I've been busy. She, more than anyone, should understand that. But maybe I did something? Said something? I don't know.

OH! Also, she's supposed to watch my kid while I'm on my cruise, and now she's saying she'll be out of town for part of that time. Except that I asked her to watch him LAST YEAR. So her last-minute out-of-town trip is really hitting below the belt.

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Plus, she's an acquaintance more than a friend. She's not someone I would contact directly.

Well, scratch that idea then.

One possible option is for you to take the initiative -- contact Lucy and set-up a day out together with your boys. How she responds might clue you in to her thinking, without being confrontational.

Maybe.

I don't know. It's really late here. Ack -- I might have to love you and leave you for now. I have work tomorrow. (Bugger!) I'll ponder on your situation in my sleep though. *hugs*

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Cross-posted.

OH! Also, she's supposed to watch my kid while I'm on my cruise, and now she's saying she'll be out of town for part of that time. Except that I asked her to watch him LAST YEAR. So her last-minute out-of-town trip is really hitting below the belt.

Oh no, that's a truly awful thing to do. You don't go back on something like that. Not cool.

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Man, Lil, that situation really sucks. :(

Before, I would have just let it slide and felt worse and worse as I was excluded more and more. But these days, I'd actually ask 'have I done something to piss you off?' And then if she says no, then 'Well, then, why is it that you're suddenly excluding me from things we used to do together?'

Plus, suddenly having an out of town trip when she's known for a YEAR that she agreed to take care of your son for that time period is a total dick move.

Status
Not open for further replies.