Best Horror Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Fair enough. This would be easier for me if we were talking books, not movies. They don't let me in the theaters anymore. I throw things at the screen. Anyhow:

Ripley. Yes. For sure. Probably my favorite.

That poor fellow who ultimately gets killed in Night of the Living Dead (original version, please).

Also, all those kids in IT fighting the ultimate evil. I know it's a book, but there was a TV movie made too. ;)

And to show you how clueless I am when it comes to movies, I have no idea who Ash is. :(
Hee, hee, he doesn't know who Ash is! You have to sit at the losers' table! If you weren't already dead, we'd be legally allowed to pants you and put chewing-gum in your hair!:D

He's the hero of 'Evil Dead' 1-thru-'Oh,Blimey, Not This Again'.

Yes, I liked the guy from Night of the Living Dead, too. He's a real tragic hero, flawed with arrogance, brought down by hubris. Good call.

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
Plus...has anyone seen Bruce Campbell's Old Spice commericals. Down right hilarious. Bear rugs, Hefner robe, brandy glass and scantily clad hotties. Bruce is my f-ing hero.

Let's not forget his crooning the Duran Duran classic Hungry Like The Wolf. I laughed my ass off the first time I saw that.

Pike

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
As an ensemble and collective heroine, the women in The Descent were terrific.

And Steve in Severance. "Sometimes I act like an idiot; say things I shouldn't- shit! I've left Gordon's foot in the coach. Sorry mate!"

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
And to show you how clueless I am when it comes to movies, I have no idea who Ash is. :(

LOL! You must score some weed, or drop some blotter, or just have a pint (or twelve) of pale ale, and watch Evil Dead. I suggest the first one.

You uncultured dead dog you! :D

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
No - Army of Darkness! We even have a movie poster up of that one. Too funny. But has anyone ever stayed awake through the battle of the Deadites?

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have to go with Kolchak. A really fun character. I liked Halloween's Dr. Loomis, too. You have to love any protag who's almost as crazy as the bad guy.

btw, I hope everyone is doing well. I've missed you folk!

LJ

Last edited:

arodriguez

Renegade
Registered
Reaction score
noone likes Tenacious D?

they killed the Devil in the Pick of Destiny, woot!

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Hee, hee, he doesn't know who Ash is! You have to sit at the losers' table! If you weren't already dead, we'd be legally allowed to pants you and put chewing-gum in your hair!:D
Uh, zahra? First of all, it's loosers. (check flounce dictionary for details) Second of all, I don't wear pants. Third of all, I don't have hair. It's fur. And, I'm not quite dead yet. All you loosers gotta come and vote. Then I'll be dead. Unless I figure something out. :D

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I just introduced my 16-y-o to Evil Dead. We're on a mission to have him see all the groundbreaking horror films. We've racked up half a dozen--there are so many more! What fun.

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
You're forgetting the kid (Corey Haines?) in the wheelchair in Silver Streak, the werewolf coming after him over the bridge, and he fires off some fireworks. Eww! Hairy.

How about Wesley Snipes in Blade. Loved him.

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
I would have killed the bint who decided they were all gonna go off-map, though....
And Steve in Severance. "Sometimes I act like an idiot; say things I shouldn't- shit! I've left Gordon's foot in the coach. Sorry mate!"
Ah, yes, the 'Severance' lot. I really liked Gordon - the animal-trap scene is hilarious, and his annoying over-enthusiastic, suck-up behaviour... You just KNOW his back-story - he was bullied at school and has no mates and the office is just his whole life. I also love that (me no spoiler, OK?) the characters who rescue our heroes are so unexpected. Very funny.
Uh, zahra? First of all, it's loosers. (check flounce dictionary for details) Second of all, I don't wear pants. Third of all, I don't have hair. It's fur. And, I'm not quite dead yet. All you loosers gotta come and vote. Then I'll be dead. Unless I figure something out. :D
I'm unable to spell 'losers'....that way, as I'm afraid of Miss Lever, my old English teacher, turning in her grave. And then rising from it...
I must have watched a different version. In mine he was brought down by the sheer bad luck of wrong place at the wrong time.

I have the feeling he did do something to contribute...I'll have to watch it again.:)

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
Trivia - Gordon in 'Severance' was played by Andy Nyman, who was also one of the sniggering clerks in 'The Woman In Black' (alongside the much under-used Steven Mackintosh).

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
Well, apart from one of them...

shit! I've left Gordon's foot in the coach. Sorry mate!"
:roll:

That poor fellow who ultimately gets killed in Night of the Living Dead (original version, please).
You may want to narrow that down a little, haggis.
Boy, I'm glad I killed you.

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
LOL! You must score some weed, or drop some blotter, or just have a pint (or twelve) of pale ale, and watch Evil Dead. I suggest the first one.

You uncultured dead dog you! :D

I'm in for that but there's still that opening scene in the first that defies all reason, when the couples walk up to the old cabin and see the rocking chair creaking by itself for a moment then it stops completely! That would have been the end of the movie. No Pike there, just a streak of blue jeans in the distance.

Pike

HorrorWriter

It's a new dawn. It's a new day.
Registered
Reaction score
In your closet with the Boogeyman's corpse!
Ash is definitely one of the great ones. And Rodger from Night of the Demons (1988). He was a wuss, but he survived. One scene was very funny. Rodger and Helen were trapped in a room by a few approaching demons. Rodger looked at Helen, then the demons. He shook his head and said, "Uh, uh. You won't get me!" Then he jumped out of a plate glass window and lived. :ROFL: There are lots of great horror heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.