Horror Fiction contest voting booth now OPEN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
The thread of DOOM: --Haggis must DIE!-- is now open and ready for review.

You'll find the stories here.

With voting instructions here.

Don't make us come looking for you; it won't be pretty. Haggis has been known to have his way with a leg. Meal wise or....well...you know.:D

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
I noticed some peepers. Didja vote yet? Huh? Huh? Didja didja didja?

Voyager

Ribbed for your pleasure.
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I did, but dang! How many threads are there for this thing and why is there no sticky note. I asked a question last night and now I can't find where the hell I posted it to look at the answer. At any rate, I'm sure after a bit of butt scratching in confusion, Haggis will figure out my PM. Why was there no death by fork in toaster?

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
We bore easily. And death by forking a toaster is probably better suited for erotica. :D

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I voted! I voted! Sheesh. Now get off my back before I sic my cats on you. They're big, they're aggressive, and they eat little yappy dogs for breakfast. Without benefit of anesthesia. MWAHAHAHAHAH!

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I did, but dang! How many threads are there for this thing and why is there no sticky note. I asked a question last night and now I can't find where the hell I posted it to look at the answer. At any rate, I'm sure after a bit of butt scratching in confusion, Haggis will figure out my PM. Why was there no death by fork in toaster?

As many as it takes. :D

And I think your question came up in this thread. Scroll down to the third post and you'll find your answer. But remember, that thread was not for the horror contest, but rather the Mainstream//contemp literature folks.

But then again, everybody's having a contest. :)

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Hullo, thread viewer. Didja vote for one of those fine horror stories yet?

I'm sorry; did you say 'no'?
Well. A pox on you until you do. A pox named Haggis: who will eat food off your plate while you're not looking, dig up your flower bed, and sell yellow snow cones to your kids until you do vote.

So there.

Neener.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
G'morning! Now, I know what's going through your mind right now. Um...besides blood. Mmmmm....blood.

Oh, sorry. Where was I? Ah, yes; your mind. You're thinking 'Oh Gawd. He's bumped this thread again.'

Which is true. And it's annoying, isn't it, 'cause you can't help but read it even though you *know* why we're being so annoying. It's not like an announcement, is it. All you have to do is click an announcement, read it once, and it goes away forever.

But this thread keeps coming back like the living dead. It won't die, unless you vote in the Horror Fiction Contest. Then all will be well with the world. :)

And look, Pike voted. Dontcha wanna be kewl, like pike?

Well...at least until one of us bump it again today. Or tomorrow. Or...next week. :D

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
Back in the mists of time, there was an announcement of a contest.

Then there grew a discussion thread about the contest.

Then came forth a thread of entries.

Then, feasting on the entries, another discussion sprung up.

And now, someone's thrown a nagging-us-to-vote thread. Surely this forums isn't THAT slow?

PS. I votered.

Del

Sky isn't falling, ground is rising
Registered
Reaction score
In a hole in the dark in a cold cold place
I voted...TWICE! Need me to do it again? Okay

For the third time...

#1 = Me
#2 = Me
#3 = Me

Okay...voting is done. You can send me my Rolls Royce and the tickets to Europe now. Did you make all the reservations? When do I visit the queen and what does one wear to a knighting?

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
You can send me my Rolls Royce and the tickets to Europe now.
Ummm... who's driving your Rolls while you're in Europe?

(If the answer's me, I recommend the new drop top)
When do I visit the Queen
Shortly after hell freezes over. But I got you a ticket to Mama-Mia!
and what does one wear to a knighting?
Ordinarily? black tie.

In your case? Nothing.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
For those who have voted, thank you.

For those who keep peeking in here and haven't; slacker! These fine writers have given their soul (didn't read the fine print, didja?) and they've really, really tried to write something to entertain you. The least *you* could do is send Haggis a measly little vote on your three favorites. Come on, it won't hurt. Much. :D

And now, I'm going to make one of the former posters disappear! Hmmm...which shall it be? AH!

*waves Modly stick*

Wallah! Ben only has one post in this thread now. Tomorrow I will make it reappear! *bows*

Last edited:

Eudaemonic

what? why!
Registered
Reaction score
Just voted.

Found it really hard to choose. Loads of great stories - some of which will be giving me nightmares tonight.

There was a strong theme of 'eating' anyone notice that or was it just me? Haggis got ate quite a bit. Can't be much of him left now.

Notice nobody left me a slice.

Cheers to Haggis and Rllgthunder for organising this contest. Thanks!

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
You're far too modest, Pike.

Just a quick note: Votes are coming in and we are using this thread to keep reminding people to read these fine stories. The announcement on top of the forum only applies to this room. If it is placed as a board wide announcement it disappears after it is clicked. Some people might be distracted and forget to come back and vote so we just want to keep interest up.

Besides, there's a fine line between 'irritating' and 'persistent'.

Um...but I've never been good with lines. :D

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Vote slacker bumpity.

Yes, I mean you. The one who just clicked on this thread. Vote yet? ;)

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Alright already. I voted.

(sheesh)

Some good stuff in there btw. Enjoyed it.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Louis. Guilt is a motivator akin to fear, isn't it? And fear is what Horror is all about, right? And missing a chance to read these stories and vote for the favorites is scary, isn't it? And you, kind reader of this post, wouldn't piss off the Crypt Keeper, would you? Look to your left. You don't want that fella sneaking into your house in a few weeks and stealing your Who-pudding, bamboozlers, and cantrinklers, would you?

Then vote. Now.

I'm making a list....well, Haggis is making a list, but I'm checking it twice! Make sure you're on the right one. :e2brows:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Louis. Guilt is a motivator akin to fear, isn't it? And fear is what Horror is all about, right? And missing a chance to read these stories and vote for the favorites is scary, isn't it? And you, kind reader of this post, wouldn't piss off the Crypt Keeper, would you? Look to your left. You don't want that fella sneaking into your house in a few weeks and stealing your Who-pudding, bamboozlers, and cantrinklers, would you?

Then vote. Now.

I'm making a list....well, Haggis is making a list, but I'm checking it twice! Make sure you're on the right one. :e2brows:

Uh, RT? I know who hasn't voted yet. And I'm considering what to do about it. :e2teeth:

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Use extreme prejudice to correct the matter, Haggis.

Oooooo...whoever you are, you're in for it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.