• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Rainstorm Press

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
http://www.rainstormpress.com/advertise.html

Am I reading this right? They sell ad space in the back of their books? Is this normal? I don't think I've ever seen an ad in the back of a book (except for maybe other books by the same publisher).
Yeesh. Really not normal. Publishers sometimes include pages in the back advertising their other books, but they don't sell ad space in their books to random advertisers.

- Victoria

Bicyclefish

Pedaling Pescado
Registered
Reaction score
I had no idea the anthology 'no rest for the wicked', which I think some AW members have stories in (I think I saw it in paying markets a while ago) was by Rainstorm Press. It's in their store though as 'coming soon': http://www.rainstormpress.com/store.html
I found the thread in question, but it's in nonpaying markets:

Submission call: No Rest for the Wicked (horror/haunted objects anthology)

It might have come out as some AWers announced their inclusion but the publisher may not have updated their website.

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
I thought I saw that thread somewhere! Thanks for digging it up. :)

It's not a good sign if a publisher, who is primarily an epublisher, can't update their website properly, at least in my opinion.

loki76

Registered
Reaction score
I know this press. Dealt with them a few times on their anthologies. They use Createspace, the editing was lacking, and they seem to go for unpublished writers.

Amanda R.

She who must be obeyed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twoamericansinchina.com
I emailed the publisher asking for clarification on the offer. That was 5 days ago and I haven't heard anything back yet. The delay on getting back with me when I have only 14 days to decide is bothering more than the sketchy information in the first place, honestly. I also emailed my acquaintance who published with them previously to ask for more details about his experience. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything else.

I really appreciate everyone's help. I really want to find my novel a home, but it needs to be a good one. I may have to go back to square one and put together a new query list.

Wisteria Vine

Registered
Reaction score
And they just pulled their call for submissions for their Mooncussers anthology listed in the Nonpaying Markets forum.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
No site/TW activity since '15. Per Amazon, last book pubbed '16.