The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I got some writing done. Still at it, but ran into issues trying to save my Use profile for Dragon from the pc to the laptop. Finally gave up and started a new one. Pfft.

I like raspberries. :)

Elisabetta

Watching the world go by
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elizabethloupas.com
Raspberries, yum! Not-To-Do lists, yay! Annoying FB groups, begone and good riddance!

Fire (and other UK Purgies), do you ever see a sort of tabloid-style women's magazine called My W33kly, or is it just a Scottish thing? To my amazement (well, actually with the help of my very professional publicist at RH in London) I've sold them a short story, which is set to run just after the book comes out, with a book giveaway and everything. It's the first short fiction I've ever sold. The first I've ever written, seriously anyway.

The nighttime mouth guard thingie is fabulous. I wore it last night and woke up this morning without a headache for the first time in weeks and weeks. I loves it, my preciousssssss...

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Elisabetta, that's great! The short story AND the mouth guard! I wiiiish I could convince my husband to get one of those - I wake up every other night to the horrific sound of his teeth grinding. He's actually flattened off a number of his teeth because he's done it for so long.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I am currently engaged in battle with the neighborhood squirrels. My neighbor gives them peanuts, which they like to bring into my yard and bury. This is all well and good EXCEPT that one little bugger loves to do so in my potted plants. He sits on the edge and chucks all the dirt out onto the ground and leaves giant holes. Just now I saw him doing this so I opened the window and hollered at him. That set him back about five seconds - then he looked at me, looked at the pot, and clearly said to himself, "Heh. She's inside, what can she do?" AND BURIED IT RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.

So I ran outside and dug up the pot. He saw. I WILL STEAL YOUR NUTZ.

Except I couldn't find the nut. I'll get you next time, squirrel nutkin.

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay Elisabetta on both counts!!!

Jo, LMAO.

ETA: Oh and that was Post #1000. Heh.

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OK, so, I shouldn't be thrilled that a publisher I submitted to followed me back on Twitter. I mean they follow about half the number that follow them. It doesn't mean anything, I know, but I'm still a teeny bit thrilled anyway.

Ok, you can go ahead and laugh at me now. I just don't have all that many followers, so I cherish every one. :D

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Craftgeek moment: My niece is having her first baby in 3 months and they know it's a boy. The nursery is all footballed up--sheets, curtains, mobile over the crib. I just found a crochet pattern for a baby hat that looks like a football helmet. :D Plus I already have a pattern for a stuffed football pillow (11") that can also be tossed around like a Nerf ball. :D Guess what the little guy's getting from the weird writer aunt?

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bring me an agent, Ol' Brother Crow,
I'm to' up sad,
Done lost my mojo.

Fun with pen nibs :)

2012-05-25185910.jpg

2012-05-25184943.jpg

vfury

Hearts the furrily challenged.
Registered
Reaction score
Just sent an email that has me basically ready to vomit. Ha!

*refreshes*refreshes*refreshes*

CheekyWench

O.o
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elysabethwilliams.com
I'm three days behind.
lil' update from me :

My nurse called me this afternoon and let me know the lab results came in. Though my Doc is on vacation, bless her heart, she knew I was scared to death so she read them and called to let me know it's NOT hyper dysplasia or malignant. I have to wait for the Doc to read it and go from here to see what it IS, but I know what it is NOT.

I can breathe again.

I love all y'all. Fer Real.

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the crow love, purgs :)

I bought a bunch of nibs and eyeballs to play with, have lots of ideas. They're really small and light, so great for funky little charms.

Status
Not open for further replies.